The Hospital Trip

Chapter 2

At the front desk of the hospital the secretary asked my aunt what the emergency was, our names, and ages. After that she called a nurse on the phone to come down and get us, after she made the call she went into this room behind the counter and grabbed a wheelchair. She wheeled the chair out around the counter and told my aunt to put me down gently into the new looking, comfy, accessible chair. Once she put me down and I got situated the nurse came out.

"Hi! I'm nurse Nancy, and I'll be your caretaker today," she smiled at me sweetly and it reminded me of my mother.

I smiled back and replied back to her in a kind girly tone, "hi Nancy, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

She looked at my knee and said sympathetically, "oh, sweetie! What in the world happened to your knee?!"

"I was running and I tripped on a broken step," I spoke trying not to sound sorry for myself.

She came up to me and took hold of the handles on the back of the chair. "Don't worry sweetie I'll get you all ready for Dr. Drew," she spoke excitedly, but in a good way. She was really nice and sweet, I've never met anyone like her before, but we got along right away. She took me down a long empty hall to a door with the number 22 on the door.

"Here we are sweetie!" She spoke again. She went ahead of me and pushed open the door, then she came back and pushed me through the door without hustle. She turned on the lights. The room was a white room of emptiness, there was a couple of health posters on the bare wall other than that the rest of the walls were white and bare, along with the floor. In the center of the wall in front of me was a hospital bed, she wheeled me up to the bed and told my aunt to help lift me up on the bed.

"Alright sweetie, this may sting a little but we need to get you on the bed to elevate your leg," she spoke placidly and softly, "ready? On three. One... Two..."

I took a deep breath and readied my body for any and all pain that this may cause.

"Three!" With all effort nurse Nancy and my Aunt Tracy carefully lifted me trying not to hurt me in any way. I grunted quietly when I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my knee. That's when I passed out...

--------------- Time Skip -----------------

I woke up, eyes opening slowly and widely.

"Yep, this one was a bruiser," the strange man with the name tag "Dr. Tazz" written on his name tag. He spoke with ease to my Aunt Tracy and I.

"Did she break anything?" My aunt asked worriedly. She looked at me while I was observing her worried look, when she caught me looking at her she smiled with a reassuring sympathetic smile.

"She seems to have severely twisted her leg and badly bruised her knee," Dr. Tazz answered in a slow rhythmic pattern of words, "she's very lucky, it could have been a lot worse for the way she hurt and injured it." He nodded at my aunt and then looked at nurse Nancy as if asking for reassuring and possibly asking if he was right. "You will need to get plenty of rest for the next three weeks," he looked at me and spoke with a evidential statement. I smiled and shook my head yes, for understanding of his words.