Chapter 12

‘Hello Jess.’ I say seriously as I walk across the room towards her bed.

By the time I reach the side she is trying to sink into the bed completely. I don’t even wince staring at her face; her eyes are still swollen but have changed into this awful shade of purple/black, her lips are split in several different places, and you can see her arms have bruises all over them as well. I’m sure that the rest of her body is just as awful as what skin you can see.

‘H-Hi Faith, A-Allie.’ She stutters and you can see her visibly shaking for her fear.

‘Look we handled our business yesterday; you took your punishment and that’s that. We are here to ask some questions about who you got blow from to sell around town.’ AJ says walking up and standing beside me.

‘The club needs this information and we need the truth about everything.’ I say seriously.

‘Ok, well I went to a party the night before and they had quite a few different drugs there. I asked around but no one would give me any answers about where they got it from or who brought it. They asked if I dealt and I told them no but I ended up just doing it because I feel so stuck. I know it’s no excuse but anyway they told me that if I sold it for them I could keep the cash since I sold it even though it was this guys. It was something about the guy couldn’t go meet him because he had other plans.’ She says honestly. ‘I know it was dumb and I swear it will never happen again; I’ve learned my lesson.’

Through her entire speech she has to pause and dab at the blood dripping down her chin from her lips splitting back open. It hurts a little to see her wince and grimace when she tries to adjust her position but I refuse to let those emotions take me over.

I cannot be a good leader if I wallow in pain that I have been the cause of. In my eyes I see her being more of the cause than me; if she would’ve just followed the fucking rules she never would have been punished to this extent. Did she really think speaking about the leader’s being shitty would get no reaction once we found out? I seriously hope she is not that delusional. Well considering what we did to her I’m sure she isn’t delusional anymore.

‘Whose house were you at and what guy gave you the drugs?’ I ask emotionlessly.

‘I was at one of Jorge’s parties; his house is on 6th and Hanover. I didn’t get the guy’s name that gave me the drugs though.’ She says dropping her gaze making me roll my eyes.

‘I’m not in the mood to do this dance with you right now Jess. Tell me the guys fucking name. NOW!’ I am hollering by I get to the last word making her flinch away from me.

I wait a moment for an answer and when nothing is said I clench my fists so tightly I’m sure my knuckles are snow white. I stalk towards her and when I reach her I unclench one hand and wrap it around her throat. I lean down so I speak into her ear.

‘You better stop lying or so help me god this will be the last moment you have on this Earth. We have too much going on to have to be held up by your dicking us around.’ I hiss in her ear.

When I pull back I see tears pouring down her face and a fearful expression stretched across her face. I honestly don’t give a shit. After a moment of shocked silence I squeeze the hand that is still wrapped around her neck. She snaps out of her silence and a quiet sob escapes her mouth.

‘His name is Axle, it may not be his real name but that is what he told me.’ She whimpers.

‘Good. If anything is missing out of the story you better tell me and trust me you don’t want us to come back here.’ I say seriously.

‘That all I know; maybe Jorge knows more but I don’t. I swear.’ She says holding her hands in front of her trying to ward me off.

‘See you later Jess.’ AJ and I say before walking out the door.