XXVII:Succumb

Chapter 27 - Succumb

Lowdell Forests. Probably the only place unchartered in Felran. Ever since the depth of the Felran seas have been explored and discovered by the appointed scientists, LowdellForest became the only place in this place that was unprobed. Experts believe that dangers posted in this forest is far greater than those of the monstrous creatures of the deep sea. It was of course, a work in progress and what they do have is the overview of what kind of creatures live in this area.

Untamed Giants. No, giants are never tamed but at best, 'tamed' giants can be bribed of food and mate. But those untamed can't be fooled. They're completely unpredictable and more often than not, they'll squeeze the life out of everyone that gets in their way.

Centipedes and Spiders. Those that have gone way over the weighing scale and standard arachnids and chilopoda. They seem to have developed not only their size but also their aggressiveness. 

Insects that have venoms whose antidotes are still unknown.

The forest itself. Gloomy and eerie. The thick gnarled trees' exotic leaves spread a roof over the whole forest area. A covering so thick the light rays couldn't penetrate it's dark canopy. The soil is a shade of brownish red, the sick color of blood, almost as intimidating as the vines that is fixated on the ground and and trees' branches. 

Abundant in life source and a knack of everything, Lowdell Forests is a true preserved site for creatures, tame and wild.

Will you somehow find the better side of the worst? Will your chances to win outweigh the dangers you might face? Will you take the challenge? Can you take it?

I fold the pamphlet back to its three-fold initial design and look at the audience behind me. 

Julia, appears devoid of any fear; the same expression one would have if they're reading a boring book. En shares the same expression, only he looks like he hadn't read the passage at all. Jay stood frowning, not amused and apparently not caring either. Gale wears a cheesy grin, as if imagining himself defeating all those creatures. Which, given how incredibly imaginative Gale is, is a hundred percent not 'as if'. Chesca has the most suitable reaction, she is chewing her lip and looking down; probably calculating their chances of winning.

Which was a lot but still.

"You still plan o-" I start but is interrupted by Gale snatching the pamphlet from me. 

"Poor Jade, you'll miss all the fun," he teases. 

Tilting my head, I act like I'm thinking about it and then a second later I tell him, 

"No, thanks." 

"I should go," Chesca mutters, barely heard. Most of us nodded, and let her walk toward the opposite direction. 

"So, as I was saying, will you still jo-" 

"Yes." En cut me off. Julia chuckles beside me at the sight of the bored look on his face inspite my glaring. I look at her and give her my glare instead. 

Smiling, she raises both her arms in act of surrender. "Yes. Yes, Jade, we'll still join the tournament," she says, with her usual semi-serious tone and an undoubt tinge of finality in her voice.

So much for trying to convince them to back out.

><

Bright white light rays hit the wide plain of brownish green grass. The worn mahogany table of weapons lay unmoved and silent right at the corner of the lawn. Thick black walls cover the scene, an occasional tree head visible despite the wall's uncharacteristic height. In the middle of it, forming a big huddle, are the tournament participants.