Chapter Ten.

A large crowd gathered the scene; even the little kids. The a man with thick glasses and a white coat took the boy out of my arms and into the pack house. 

"Get all the children to inside until we figure out what's going on. NOW!" Alpha boomed. That seemed to bring people out of shock. Adults were yanking their kid's arms and calling out names everywhere. That's my cue to leave, I started limping towards the Doc with the little boy. All I needed to do was to get around the Alpha-

"Alexis McCarty. Where exactly do you think your going?" I gave him a sheepish smile. I always used to get in trouble by the Alpha as a kid, but I know deep down he loves me. Me and his son, Mason - no Jason - Wait no, Larry? Ricky? Whatever his name is, used to play together when we were kids. But him being the Alpha's son, having everyone's protective eyes on him got us- me caught whenever I wanted to pull pranks. And I always got sent to 'The Office.'

"Oh... Heeeey E. Long time no see, huh? I was just going to the pack doctor, my lip's bleeding and my foot is more than likely broken." He gave me a looked at me blankly but I saw the flicker of worry in his eyes.

"Owwww! My foot! If only I could see that little boy, then go home? I'm sure that'll make me feel better! Ahh" I grabbed my foot dramatically. Alpha gave me a skeptical look.

"Your foot has healed already. You can see the little boy later I'm sure he's healed already. Claire is with him so I can assure you he's safe however to prevent this from happening again I need you to tell me everything that you saw." I sighed and nodded. But when he turned his back I ran to the medical room. It was more of a mini hospital in a large room; there's five single beds neatly lined up with blue curtains separating each bed, that annoying beepy machine beside each bed, a huge ass medicine cabinet and health posters on the walls. 

A nurse was running in and out of the door scribbling on her clipboard. The doctor I saw earlier was taking a blood test of the little boy, the boy stirred and I growled lowly, not liking seeing the boy hurt. Luna (Claire) was holding the boy's hand and stroking his messy brown curls. Her head snapped to me, she's always been a naturally pretty person with honey golden hair, and doey brown eyes but let's just say today wasn't her best day; red puffy eyes, mascara smudged down her face and her skin was vampire pale. At least the kid was regaining some colour. 

My face softened, 

"His going to be OK right Doc?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him, daring him to disagree.

"Oh- erm- yes- erm we have quite a little fighter here."

Before I could say anything Luna flung herself at me, attacking me in a bear hug.

"Oh Jasmine dear, you are a hero! You saved the boy." She started sobbing, I sighed started I patting her back. 

"There there." I muttered.

"I'm such a pathetic Luna how could I not have noticed that he was missing! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why am I so stupid?! Tell me why, Jasmine? WHY? If you weren't there, I don't think I could live with myself." She started sobbing uncontrollably. Great. And come on, I don't even look like Jazzie!

The door opened with a bang, 

"Oh hey E, I got lost." I said to an annoyed looking Alpha. But as soon as he saw Claire, he turned into a haribo squigy bear with feelings. He started cradling her like a baby and started to whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

Most of you creeps are probably going aww but let's be realistic for a second here, what I was witnessing was just plain nasty. 

He looked up at me with all serious: