Chapter Three.

Alexis POV:

I woke up because the song 'sunshine, lollipops and rainbows' was blasting through my eardrums. Jazzie must have been going through mom and dad's old Cd's. I checked my alarm, it was only noon! Werewolf hearing isn't always a good thing. I might as well get up now. I put on some slippers, brushed my teeth and made my to the kitchen, where Jazzie was making eggs and bacon. I bet it smelt good.

"Smells good Jazzie." I lied. She jumped and turned around in surprise. Then switched off the Cd player.

"Thanks. I was up since nine, I didn't want to wake you and I was bored. Here this is yours" She said handing me a plate. 

"Aww, you didn't have to." I cooed while pinching her cheeks. She swatted my hands away and mumbled whatever. I know she hates being babied by me, that's why I do it. The bacon tasted good. I might not be able to smell but I can taste. The only reason I knew Beefy (the cop) was a werewolf was because I saw the mark on his neck and he had a wolfish aura. I wasn't born like this though, I could smell anything like a proper wolf should one and a half years ago. But the reason I can't smell isn't a memory I want to remember.

Jazzie ate in silence. I didn't disturb her because she looked deep in thought. 

"Wait a minute! I have a bone to pick with you!" She suddenly exclaimed and poked me hard in the cheek. I rubbed my cheek with a frown on my face. Jazzie has bony fingers. She ran out of the room and came back with a her purse. She emptied all the contents on the table. Strips of paper and napkins were all over the table, with random numbers and small messages. 

"You couldn't have shouted 'see you at home Jazzie' any louder?" She tutted. "All these random boys gave me their numbers so I could give it to you! It was disgusting. I swear one of these was written by a thirty year old!" My face scrunched up at the thought. Mental gag.

I picked one up and read out loud what it said, "Hey babe. Your mighty fine! If you don't like cop cars, give me a call and I can take you for a fun ride ;)" Gross. Jazzie burst out laughing at my face. I threw the napkin in the bin.She picked out a random one and she read, "You have a nice ass. Call me any time and i'll be there xxx." We both laughed at how blunt that was.

45 minutes later we were done reading and throwing away all the numbers. Jazzie's face was red from laughter so she went have a shower. I was going to have one too but the phone rang...

"Hello?"  I wasn't really sure who would be calling us because no one from my old school had my home number and Jazzie said she doesn't have any friends.

"Hello Jasmine. Your father and I are coming home for dinner tomorrow! Isn't that great honey we missed you SO much. But Minnesota has us as busy as bees! So how are you? Make it quick because this phone call will be over in around six minutes." 

"It's not Jasmine." I said in a monotone voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You must be one of Jasmine's friends, I'm Mrs McCarty. So are you are one of Jasmine's friends?" My own mother can't recognise my voice. Great.

"No."

"Then why are you at my house?" I could imagine my mothers confused face. I had to ways to tell her I'm home I could be blunt or I could mess with her first. Option B seemed more rational.

"Why aren't you at your house?"

"That's none of your business!" My mother said sharply.

"Maybe it is and maybe it isn't." Okay I don't even know if that made sense or not, but I'm just going to go with the flow.

"Who is this?!" She screamed.