Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up before Silver, who looked like he wouldn't be waking up for a while, so I wiggled away careful not to wake him. I decided to raid the kitchen and find what I could make for the both of us, and maybe change out of these dumb Plasma colored clothes (even though I look fantastic).

Once in the kitchen, I opened cabinets and drawers hoping to find something suitable. Berries...berries...bread...fruit? How long has this fruit been in here?

"Why don't you just go somewhere for breakfast before investigating?" A voice spoke up, scaring the living shit out of me and causing me to jump. I turned to the voice and saw a familiar green haired boy, munching on his berry like he didn't scare the daylights out of me.

"Fucking hell, N! You scared the shit outta me!" I sighed, letting go of my sudden tight grip on the counter.

"I apologize," N said. "But it appears that you had a good night." He smiled.

I blushed remembering last night, and from embarrassment and/or panic that N, my boyfriend, clearly saw me and Silver together.

"Oh Arceus, N, I'm sorry, I'm your girlfriend and here I am with another guy. I wasn't even thinking...!"

N chuckled. "It's quite alright, seeing how things turned out how I hoped."

I couldn't clearly think. "Wait, what?" What did he mean?

"I know you love him, so why would I keep you from him? I mean, all I want is for you to be happy," he said. "Don't you remember why I asked you to be my girlfriend? You found out Silver was taken, but now he isn't...so..."

"You planned this?"

"It wasn't hard to see you had mutual feelings for each other." I mentally facepalmed; if the guy who had no clue how human relationships work saw that, how many others noticed? "So I wanted you to take him back here so no one would bother you."

"...Thank you," I smiled.

At this point, Silver walked in, yawning quietly. He glanced between me and N, glaring slightly.

"If I'm interrupting something then maybe I should just--"

"No, no, nothing's going on," N interrupted. "I was just congratulating Umber on your new relationship."

Silver blinked in confusion. "What?"

"I mean, are you two not a couple now?"

"Uh..." The redhead (who was also a bedhead at the moment) shot a look towards me and back at N again, at a loss for words. To clear his confusion, I walked over to him and held his hand. He looked at our hands and intertwined his fingers with mine. "Yeah, I guess we are."

"So I assume you two are off to Opelucid City?" N asked.

"Yeah, then try and figure out what Team Plasma is planning. Probably update Looker as well if we find anything," I said. "I'm gonna go get ready to leave." I let go of Silver and left the kitchen to go to my room.

Opening my closet, I realized I left some of my clothes on the Plasma ship, so I had to pick something else out of my limited selection. I took the black boots that I got from Plasma, black jeans, and a purple and black striped top. After changing I went back to the kitchen to meet back up with the boys and discuss the rest of the day.

"Let's go to Opelucid and look around first, then go to that cafe in Castelia for breakfast," I suggested, snacking on a berry.

"Knowing you, the breakfast would end up being dinner," Silver mumbled, but I could still hear clearly being right next to him.