Bad News for Kit

I visibly relax after he scoops me up into his arms and carries me inside. Without thinking, I lean into him and breathe in his natural musk. I've never smelt anything so sweet,I begin to drift off entranced by his scent until I get a glimpse of the inside of the house. Even with just a view of the roof, I can already tell that it's beautiful. He places me carefully on the couch, almost as if I was made of glass- though tonight it seems as if I am. 

"You are mine forever, Angel." He muses playing with my hair. I lean back on his chest while he does so, and become engulfed between his arms and legs. I begin humming my song 'Don't Let Me Down' as he does this and enjoy a moment of peace. 

"I'm not like regular wolves, Kit" He begins carefully. He shifts me around so that I'm looking at him, but he still holds me in place with legs.

"Well, I know that you're an Alpha?" I say rubbing my tired eyes. How am I tired at only 7:15?

 "Not like normal Alpha's," He corrects leaning down so that his forehead touches mine, "It's my wolf, he isn't a normal wolf. Had you ever heard of The Native Moon pack before this?" 

"No," I say in a small voice. 

"Well were well known, and we don't exactly have the best reputation."

"Why?" I say curiously, they don't seem bad to me. They're better than Rodney was.

"Many reasons actually, but it's mostly because of my wolf." He leaned down so that he was eye-level and said very quietly, "You've heard the legends of Lycans, but not like this." 

 "My wolf was a Lycan, and now that we've found and marked our mate we will become even stronger. It also means I have everything else heightened as well. Heightened emotions, smell, sight," He glances at me, " Bond."

I frown. "I don't understand why the mate bond activates this?" 

He sighs. "When my soul was completed by you, I was finally capable of handling all of my true power. The problem is that the strength I'm getting is being taken from you. This is why your human. It's because the moon goddess gave me the strength of your wolf. Your feeling so tired and weak because of my transformation, Kit, I'm sorry I didn't warn you. I just didn't want you to be scared of me."

I choke. "How long before I get my strength back?"

He shakes his head, "The month after my transformation will be the worst.It should begin tonight, but you won't ever be as strong as you were before."

"Okay," I say wearily. 

"Are you okay, Angel?" He whispered. 

"Yes." I croak back, but I know he notices my voice crack as I say this. 

"Kit." He warns.

"I-I- just- I'm scared," I confess. "Please don't leave me while I'm like this!"  

Declan looks enraged that I would even think that and he growls at my thought. Then he pulls me into a hug, "I'm sorry, Kit, but it looks as if I haven't made myself completely clear. When I say your mine forever, I mean I will never leave you. Whether you like it or not." 

I nod as he holds me tight, but tears fill my eyes anyway. A sob wracks itself out of my mouth. He rubs circles on my back, mumbling, "I'm so sorry."

Declan's Pov

I knew this day was coming for a while, but I didn't expect it so soon. I also never imagined my mate as Kit, but I'm so glad it is her. She's so fragile, and sweet, and precious, and on top of that human. She's too innocent for me, which makes me even more protective. I would die for this small girl. I'm honestly not sure how she was even still alive before I took her. I cautously move us over to our bedroom, the safest place in the house actually, and lay her on the bed. I feel my shirt becoming wet from her tears and continue comforting her until I look at the clock. Crap, it's almost eight. It's been almost twelve hours since I met her which means that my transformation will start soon. I pull away from her trembling form. 

'Must protect mate' My Lycan, Eros reminds me. 

"Hold on, Angel." I sooth her. I step over to the security box and put the house on lock down, there is no way anyone is coming inside while my beast is coming out and while my mate is in such a vunerable state. They would die, no matter who they were or why they were in here. Her emotions will die down soon, she will be mentally weak before physically. Right now the beast is becoming concious and later he will be here in physical form. I can already feel a shift in the air, a shift inside me. 

"It's begining." I say backing away from her, but I notice that after I left she fell asleep. I guess it's better she doesn't have to watch, I think bracing myself for the pain.