Eskmo

Don't Forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!! (; sorry I haven't updated in a while, however- I just got A BRAND NEW LAPTOP that i'm obsessed with- so, I should be updating/editing a ton more!! I'm going for once a week! I will inform you if I change anything major in the last chapters tho!

Declan takes a deep breathe, and instructs, "Why don't you go clean yourself up?"

"Declan..." I start, unsure.

"What happens to him isn't your decision anymore." He says almost daring me to question him.  "Let fate take it's course." 

 I look down and shift awkwardly, and a flash of guilt rolls through his eyes.

"Come on, Angel," Declan says taking my hands while handing me a towel. "You'll feel better."

Obliging to his request I begin to stand up, but my ankle gives way almost immediately. I stare at the now swollen patch beginning to turn black and blue. I had honestly forgotten about it. 

Declan growls at it protectively, picking me up. "Why hasn't it healed yet, angel? I'm linking the doctor." 

His face stays serious, concentrated onto my ankle as his eyes glaze over for a few minutes letting out an occasional growl. 

I don't know why he thinks it would heal that quickly. It's only a bruise, and I've never been to the doctor before,  even after more serious injuries. 

After another minute his face morphs into one of slight horror and I widen my eyes at him. I feel my breathe starting to get shorter and shorter at the anticipation. A million thoughts run through my head.

"Kit. Are you human?" He says quietly. I nod my head quickly, while the panic in his eyes skyrockets. He lets out another low growl and brings me closer to him. "You need to always stay close to me, okay?" 

"Okay, Declan." I respond even quieter. I can feel his arms slightly shaking around me. 

 "The doctor is on his way."

... 

"Kit this is Timothy, our pack doctor, but most of us just call him Doc." Declan smiles at me, but I can see in his eyes that he is still in shock. "He is going to do an examination okay, let him do what he needs. This is the only time I'll say it's okay for someone to touch you this way."

The Doctor smiles at me. He has big black glasses and brown hair. A lot shorter than Declan but still taller than me. I look up at him wearily. 

"Hello Luna. I'm  the Doc." He says to which I nod my head. "I'm going to do a few tests on you. The first involves this device." He holds up a cord around his neck. "It's called a stethoscope, I'm going to place it right on your heart and listen to it beating, is that okay?" 

I look at Declan instinctively and he nods his head so I nod mine as well. Doc puts the device on my chest and I move closer to Declan. I can feel my breath becoming short again and Declan takes my hand gently. 

The Doc does a few more tests to which by the end of the first three, since I kept migrating towards Declan, I am now basically sitting in his lap while the doctor keeps trying to examine me. Declan just moves his thumb across my shoulder to calm me down. 

"Okay now Luna, what I'm curious to is why you still smell faintly of a she-wolf. This last test involves a a little bag and a needle and it will help me to figure it out. It is going to pinch a bit, and you will see red blood coming out into the bag, but it will be okay, alright. I will need you to stay still." 

Declan growls a bit under his breath, but nods at Doc. Doc pulls out the bag and moves towards me with a needle. 

I recognize that.