Walking bones

I chewed on my lip watching them. Ryan was bouncing the ball looking at Jared.

“Heather can you throw the ball in the air?” Jared said looking at me.  He even smiled, like he knows he is not going to lose.

I walked forward and Ryan handed me the ball. I grabbed it while looking at them. Jared looked clam and his green eyes only looked at me. Ryan looked at Jared, with a glare and his shoulders were tensed.

“I’m not going to lose again.” Ryan told Jared coldly.

“Again?” I repeated confused.

“Don’t mind him.” Jared said giving me a smile.

I spun the ball on the tip of my index finger, looking at Jared. There is something I’m missing here.

“Ready?” I asked them. “You guy now the rules right?” They both nodded and looked at me waiting.

I threw it in the air and walked backwards. Jared managed to get the ball and now was bouncing it in middle court. I sat on the side giving me the whole view of the court and them.

Jared made it seem like he was going to throw it and if it were me I would have done the same as Ryan. I would have blocked it, but at the last second Jared pulled away and got a clear shot. It went in and Ryan let out a growl.

The next 10 minutes were spent with both of them blocking each other.  You could see the sweat form on the collar of there shirts. The look on their faces was clear, determination. The both want to win and so far Jared has the lead.

“The one with the most points wins, the game ends when class is over.” I told them.

They didn’t say anything but Jared looked like he wasn’t even trying. Ryan would try to hold back from using vampire speed, which only made him a bit angrier.

“Is that all you got?” Jared said smugly.

“Shut it mutt.” Ryan said gritting his teeth.

Jared laughed and walked backwards bouncing the ball. Ryan stepped forward and Jared moved the ball to the other hand. Ryan went in and with one quick movement Jared brought his hand up and made it in the basket. Ryan grabbed the ball and bounced it while Jared walked towards him. Ryan passed Jared and Jared missed the ball by an inch. Ryan dunked it, showing the muscles in his arms as he did so. I wondered how he managed to not break the basket.

Jared didn’t let Ryan shot another after that, he would also get blocked. It was an intense game, I have to admit. My insides were like Jell-O the whole time, wondering who was going to win.

Mrs. Gantory blew her whistle and yelled out for everyone to put back the balls. I felt some thing when I knew Ryan didn’t win, but it was covered with the thoughts that Jared won.

Ryan clenched his fist, and his black eyes wouldn’t get anything darker.

“Why do you always get what you want?” Ryan spat out.

Jared’s face was clam and emotionless. He shook his head glaring at Ryan.

“What about Haley?” Jared growled.

“That was different.” Ryan said dangerously.

“Oh really?” Jared said raising an eyebrow grabbing the ball in one hand.

“She came to me with her free will.” Ryan said taking a step closer. I got up and walked towards them, they looked like they were going to kill each other.

Jared paused when Ryan said that. The ball in his hand exploded, Jared only threw it on the ground.

“You got her killed!” Jared shouted. Ryan looked away from Jared who was fuming.