Chapter 2

The whole next week went by strangely. I seemed to mesh back into the school world without too much trouble. Izzie split her time evenly with me, her boyfriend Dwayne and the hideous popular girls that I refused to sit with most of the time.

Before I knew it a new week had appeared and all the appointments that Dad had made rolled around as well. I rushed out of the door in the morning after spending a night on the couch. I was hoping to avoid the whole brain scan conversation, but Dad reminded me to come to his office after school. Bummer!

At the bus stop, Izzie ran up to me like a woman possessed, buzzing with excitement and I rolled my eyes. This new Izzie was strange but I couldn’t help but like how she was so enthusiastic about things.

“Oh my God!” She squealed, as she grabbed me. Seriously, what the hell! Sometimes though I missed the old Izzie. “Have you seen him? He is sooooo hot!” She jumped up and down, squealing more.

“I haven’t seen anyone.” I told her confused.

“Well wait til you do, you will fall to your knees like I almost did.” She exclaimed, as we finally trundled onto the bus. I was glad, because this giddy, boy crazy Izzie was freaking me out.

Then I saw him, sitting up the back of the bus, my eyes were drawn straight to him. And Izzie was right. I didn’t just fall to my knees though, I fainted dead way. How bloody embarrassing! But while I was out I heard voices, not normal ones either:

“Your Majesty, this is far too dangerous an endeavour for your son to be on, someone must go with him. That world is unusual in the extreme.” A deep kind sounding voice said.

“Yes, you are right; I shall send Dalia to look after Caden. After all they have been friends for.....”

This is the moment I returned, to my totally humiliating collapse. The whole bus was surrounding me, staring and trying not to laugh. I felt my cheeks blushing bright red, as I pulled myself to my feet. Ahhh! Why couldn’t I have a normal day for just once?

“Charlotte are you all right?” A deep masculine voice called out. I looked over and it was HIM, crouching surprisingly close to me.

I knew this guy, I didn’t know where from but I knew him, very well. He was gorgeous. His honey blonde hair was down to his collar; his emerald green eyes so piercing it felt they could break your heart in one snap. His chiselled jaw was perfection and the dimple when he smiled was breathtaking. That was when I realised I was staring, and my face deepened red to the point I thought my blood vessels might burst.

“My name is Charlie and you’re Caden, right?” I looked into those brilliant green eyes and tried not to get lost.

“How did you know that?” He asked suspiciously but with an almost relieved and joyous smile on his face.

“How did you know my name was Charlie?” I asked just as suspicious.

“All right lovebirds, time to get to school now. So take a chair.” The bus driver interrupted our staring match. So I got up and went over to sit with Izzie, who was looking at me a mite annoyed. Which I had no idea why.

“You told me you didn’t see him.” She hissed at me, poking me in the ribs

“Ouch! Stop that. And I haven’t.”

“Then how did you know his name?” She demanded.

Well that sure started the ole brain matter thinking. I had no idea how I knew him, seriously not even an inkling. I was puzzled myself. I had met the guy like five minutes ago, yet I seemed to know stuff about him, important stuff not just his name.