Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to @X_DreamCatcher_X . Sam baby, a little something something to wet your appetite ;-). Hope you all enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. ENJOY!!!

After a not so peaceful sleep, I am woken up by the continuous pounding on my door. What the hell. Who could possibly be brave enough to be at my door at this ungodly hour of, I look over at the alarm clock on my nightstand, six am? Six, oh come on, why does it have to be so early! Then I hear Clair screaming at me through the door.

"Sav, I know you're awake. You never sleep beyond six" Why was she sounding so bubbly and this coming from a woman who made it her life's mission to never wake before noon if she wasn't working. Just to stop the incessant pounding on the door, I drag myself out of my warm comfy bed; slip on my slippers and silk black kimono and make my way to the door. Swinging it open with as much force as I could, I came face to face with a smiling Clair, holding up a large coffee cup. Giving her my most anger ridden stare.

"You know full well, that on my days off, I like to sleep in, at least until seven!" Not been able to hold in my laugh any longer, I burst out and so did she. There was no way I could be angry at her, well at least not for more than 20 seconds.

"I take it you're not mad at me for waking you?" she smiled wafting the coffee in front of me. I could smell the cinnamon scented coffee permeate the room. A huge grin formed on my face. "Baby girl, when you bring me my favorite late, then there is no way in hell I could be mad at your skankie ass!" Mocking hurt and betrayal, she gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Savannah Mackenzie, how little you think of me!" We both burst out laughing, so much so, that I think I might have peed a little. I will deny it, if ever that was revealed. Following me to the sofa, Clair put down the coffee on the table and made herself comfy. Sitting next to her and pulling my legs under my bum; I reached for my chai late. Getting all cozy I turned to her.

"So Bestie! What brings you by so early?"

"Well I was thinking that we could go for breakfast at that café you like so much, ogle a little at the cute waiter and then go shopping for some really sexy outfits for tonight." Suddenly I remembered that I had promised Clair that we'd go out tonight.

"Oh yeah, about that...!"

"No way Sav, you promised. You can't back out now" It almost seemed that she was about to burst into tears. Was it mean of me to want to laugh at her devastation? Okay maybe a little. Clair continued looking a little guilty. "I already told the guys from work that we could make it a staff thing. It's been so long since we had a staff party."

"When you say the guys, was Tristan there when you told them?" I started to feel a little excited by the thought, yet at the same time, wasn't sure it was a good idea. What the hell, why did this have to happen to me. First I couldn't get him out of my mind all day yesterday, and then he plagued my dreams all night; which were so fucking hot by the way. Enough I shouted at my subconscious.

"Yeah he was." With a guilty look on her face. "Sorry Sav, it just slipped out. I had no idea he was standing there. You know, it wouldn't be that bad if he did come, then you could see him and if it felt right you could, you know get together or something."

"No Clair, nothing can happen between us. We work together and most importantly, my father would kill him and who knows what he'd do to me." In all honestly, my father was just been over protective. He would never hurt anyone, not intentionally that is. HE was a big teddy beneath his hard exterior.

Clair just laughed; leaned in closer to me and whispered. "My dear, let me tell you a little secret. What big bad Daddy doesn't know, won't kill him? Will it?" I started to think about it a little. She kind of had a point there. My father would never know of our involvement with each other. We could meet outside of work and... Okay, this is getting out of hand. I shook my head to clear it and then stood up.