Chapter 32: Frank/Percy/Leo

Okay, this is kind of the big battle chapter (and the second to last chapter), hope you enjoy it! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 32: Frank/Percy/Leo

Frank had always been really nervous at the thought of facing Pelorus, but now that he was standing right in front of him, he knew exactly what to do. As Pelorus stood in front of him, laughing his ugly head off, the Mars part of Frank's brain kicked into action, analyzing his weaknesses, strengths, how best to bring him down, how best to kill him.

Hey dad, Frank prayed, how's it going? In case you didn't notice, we accomplished the task you gave us, and some help would be really nice.

No reply.

That jerk.

Frank glanced at Percy, who was clutching at Annabeth for support. It was killing him to see Percy in this state. He didn't want to know what the pair had gone through in Tartarus, but the important thing was, they were out of that hell hole. Now it was time to fight.

Frank gripped the sword-that-apparently-changes-into-a-lot-of-weapons, as he realized what Pelorus was saying,

"Demigods, lay down your weapons and surrender, and you will die quickly. But fight, try to resist, and I promise your deaths will be slow, and more painful than you have ever before experienced,"

Silence. A silence that Frank quickly broke.

"We'll lay down our weapons as soon as Tartarus freezes over!"

He glanced at everyone else. Percy was able to stand on his own now. Riptide was out, and he flashed Frank a thumbs up. Annabeth looked downright murderous, like she wanted to rip every single monster limb from limb. Piper was glaring at Pelorus, and gave a small smile to Frank, as if to say, don't worry, me, Percy, and Annabeth are fine, and Jason, Hazel, and Leo were pale, but determined.

And then, all Hades broke loose.

                                               ~~~~~~      ~~~~~~~      ~~~~~~

Percy was itching for a fight. True, pretty much every bone in his right leg was broken, and he had just woken up from being captured by Gaea, injured, and roughly dragged out of Tartarus, but when his ADHD acted up in a battle, and the adrenaline started pumping, it was like all his injuries disappeared. He was also in shock. Shock from having seen Annabeth tossed through the Doors of Death by...Lycia. She had betrayed them. But Percy knew he couldn't dwell on it.

And then the monster army attacked. Percy's mind went on autopilot. It was exhilarating to be able to fight without having to wonder if your opponent was real or not. Slash, duck, roll, cut, it was like he had never fallen into Tartarus. Annabeth was right beside him, they were back-to-back, fighting alongside him. It felt natural, fighting together. 

It was the battle of his life. This was what everything had been leading up to. Out of the corner of his eye, Percy could see Frank rushing towards Pelorus, transforming into a huge bear, Piper, Leo, and Jason taking on Otus and Gration, - Percy hoped they knew what they were doing, because if they were going to defeat those giants, they needed a god handy, and Hazel...what was Hazel doing?

                                           ~~~~~~       ~~~~~~~     ~~~~~~~~

Leo was ready to take on another giant. As soon as the fight broke out, he rushed at Otus and Gration, determined to rip them apart. He turned around to see Piper and Jason right behind him,