Chapter 31: Jason

Okay, now things are gonna start to happen! 

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 31: Jason

"What do you mean, we have a visitor?" Jason asked, sitting up in his bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He had been up the entire night keeping watch, blasting any monsters that attacked, and he had just decided to take a nap.

"I mean," Frank said, fidgeting, "that we were all finishing our lunch, and she just appeared, and asked to see you. She didn't say who she was, but - "

"But what? Can't it wait? I'm still really tired," Jason complained.

"Fine, if you want to keep a goddess waiting while you enjoy your afternoon snooze..."

"A goddess?" Jason held up his hands in a stop everything gesture, "Okay. Just let me get dressed, and I'll be there in ten seconds," 

                                                 ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Jason hurried to the mess hall, his head spinning. A goddess? Was it Khione again? Probably not. Anyways, as long as it wasn't...

Jason groaned inwardly as he caught sight of the visitor. The only goddess that he wasn't, ahem, on very good terms with.

Her long black hair tumbled down her shoulders, and underneath her standard Roman armour, she wore a red shirt and jeans. Her expression definitely wasn't friendly, though it wasn't hostile either, and her obsidian black eyes bore into Jason like she was X-raying him.

"Lady Bellona," Jason said in what he hoped was a somewhat respectful voice, bowing. It was hard to respectful to a goddess who had tried to kill him multiple times (long story),

"Jason Grace," Bellona said in a voice so cold, she could have given Khione some tips, "do you know why I am here?"

"To help us?" Leo put in hopefully,

"Perhaps," Bellona replied, her eyes never leaving Jason, "that depends. I suppose the reason I am here is to talk to the son of Jupiter," Uh-oh. The last time Bellona had wanted to 'talk' with Jason had involved several swords, a flaming torch, and a doughnut (even longer story). Her tone made it clear she wasn't asking for permission.

Bellona led the way out of the Mess Hall, and after a moment of hesitation, Jason followed her. When they were in the hall, Bellona turned to face Jason, who eyed her apprehensively.

"Tell me about your quest," she said.

"Um... why?"

"Start at the beginning," she replied, her tone making it clear that there was no arguing with her.

So Jason told her. He started with waking up with no memory, his quest with Leo and Piper to rescue Hera, meeting up with Percy, Hazel, and Frank, their journey to Rome and what had transpired there, and finally the most recent events. It took a long time, but Bellona's attention never wavered. Finally, he finished, and she nodded,

"You have done well," she acknowledged, "but I am afraid you have not done enough. Even if you close the Doors of Death, the camps will still fight...and then it will all be in vain,"

"My lady, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do - "Jason began, but Bellona cut him off.

"Yes, there is something you can do," she said, staring at him intently, "Camp Jupiter attacks Camp Half-Blood in three days. If you close the Doors of Death by then, then make your way to Camp Half-Blood -"