My burial.. The miracle..

XIII

          My mother cleaned up my body and laid me on a marble table in the great hall the next morning. People began to pour in the academy; both royals and non-royals, guardians and some of my friends’ parents. They mourned for my death. My classmates, friends, schoolmates and my family were in agony. Chris was the most affected, even his parents and her 5-years old sister can’t make him smile. He never leaved beside my body.

“Why did you save me Ro? I should have died” he said touching my cold hands.

He cradled my body and weep, all the people who witness his despair cried.

“Ro said that she doesn’t want to see us cry...” Sydrian said that calmed Chris down.

He took his seat near my parents and his parents. Tribute was given to me. Sydrian talked first.

“I knew Rossetti loved me more than a brother, that’s why I never made a move to Lian but when the time came that we both can’t stop our feelings for each other. Ro never complained and talked anything bad about us. Mion told us that she was devastated but she maintained a strong facade for us. According to Mion Rossetti said that she is willing to give up her own feelings just to see us happy until Chris made his way to make Ro whole again.” He stared at Chris who tried hard not to weep.

“The night of the attack” he hardly can speak.

“When Lian was nearly killed by a strigoi, Ro rushed to aid her and search for us to make sure that were still alive. When she saw that we’re already exhausted, she told me not to go looking for her and protect our friends and other moroi. She run away from us and never looked back. The next thing we knew is that no one is coming for us. The strigoi all raced to her.” His voice trailed off.

“She chose to reveal herself to make us safe from strigoi”. He gazed at my body.

“She made me to promise not to let people cry in her own burial just before she lose her life.” People began to hide their sobs.

“But I’m so sorry for not keeping my promise it’s just that we will miss you very much. We love you” he ended and started to cry.

The next was the queen, the crowd shifted on their seats uncomfortably.

“I knew Rossetti since she was a child” She started.

“I knew my son was in love with her the moment she was born and even asked me if she can marry her someday” the hall was enveloped with a soft laughter.

“Chris always tugged Rossetti along with him that he can’t even go anywhere without her. So when he graduated, he asked me if he can stay in the academy for her younger sister but I knew better he wanted to stay because of her.” She continued.

“She was Chris’ angel before and even now that she gave up her own life to give my son another chance. Thank you Ro for saving my son again, you will be forever in our hearts” she took a few steps back and passed the microphone to my mother.

“Since I conceived her, she became our hope to start for our own family. She brought strength to her father. When she grew up she became close with boys since she was a daddy’s girl but then some people misinterpret it. She never showed that she was hurting from the inside, she managed to be strong for all of us.” she said tears streaming from her eyes.

“We kept her abilities because we don’t want people to exploit her but then some secrets must be revealed to set us free even if in doing so it can cost us more...her life.” My mother can’t continue so she step back giving the microphone to my father.