Part 1

Netherlands 1895 (Present)

"Is everything ready Estelle?" granny, the head chief of the village asked. I nod and show a sweet smile while fixing the wagon. She then tell everyone to leave since everything was ready. I immediately jump on the front seat, gripped the rope and wait for my companions signal to set off together.

"You all take care, be back before sunset!" she yelled while waving goodbye, I waved back and whipped my horse.

The sun's head shows up, but still not enough to cover the darkness and to warm the cold breeze. 

I shiver when my blanket fell off, the road was a bit bumpy and we take the ride slowly to avoid impaired goods.

 "It's really chilly out here." I murmur as a white smoke coming out from my mouth.

The clouds. . my mind was completely hollow as I gaze at it. I sigh, it's been a year since the village acknowledged me after being exiled from my country and they never asked the reason why.

Obviously they're bothered, after all I was a stranger. But they choose to make me feel comfortable rather than quenching their curiosity and I'm very grateful for that. So better do my job well, as a return.

The morning cold wind brush my face and a sad thoughts came up to me. Remembering my past is something I try to forget everyday, wishing that I may lose all these memories that haunts me and try to start new, but the more I run away, the more I lie to myself. I pause as a glimpse of him crosses my mind. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I pity myself.

I stretched my hand towards the clouds, hoping to reach it. "The clouds are beautiful today. I hope you can see it too." 

Upon arriving, lots of merchants from other places already filled the loud crowd of the local market. I look around. Same as ever, better move and finish the job.

 Same as ever, better move and finish the job

"Estelle, let's meet here after." My companions instructed. I nod and stretch my list, reading the name of our customers and haul the goods to be delivered.

"Hi Ms. Montello, here are your carrots." I smile while carrying the basket.

"Are these fresh?" she ask while checking some of them.

I wink at her, "When did I let you down?"

She laughs and hands me the payment. The sun was already high and I was busy attending my patrons when I overheard a conversation between those two folks.

"So they will do it." he said.

"Do what?" the latter confusedly asked.

"The execution of Laurent the 6th King of Belgium."

My eyes widen the moment I heard of it, and before I knew it became the subject around the local market. Everyone have their own views and opinions but they all agree in one thing . .