Chapter 10: We're The Rebels & We're Free

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey, I redid the character profiles for Alice & Nathan. So, if you wanna check it out you can. Thanks for reading! Please comment if you think there's anything I should do to make the stories better :) .Enjoyyy.

It's been about 2 weeks now & all I've really done was hang out a lot with Mason. We were becoming really close friends. I suddenly felt the sun get a lot brighter & stronger through my window. I groaned & brang the blanket up to my head. It started to get hot. I became annoyed & kicked the blankets off. Eyes closed, I searched for my Monster on the nightstand. As I finally felt the can I sat up & took 3 big gulps of it. I put my hair up into a messy bun & turned on my tv. Looking through the guide. 

Hm... What to watch... What to watch.  

"Aha." I smiled in content as I pressed the big yellow select button. Exiting from the guide, the movie Friends with Benefits was on. I loved this movie. I pulled up my legs, holding onto my knees as I placed my chin upon them. I felt my phone vibrate against the wood of the nightstand. Taking it, I checked what time it was 2:10 pm. I went to my missed calls. 5 from Nate. I called back. Waiting impatiently as the phone rang.  

"Hey." Nate said. 

"Hey, you called." I answered. I cleared my throat. Noticing I had that "I just woke up & don't want to be disturbed." voice. 

"Yeah, I'm bored." he simply answered. "What are you doing?" 

I sipped my Monster & placed it back on the nightstand. 

"Watching TV, I just woke up. So how are things over there?" I said. 

"Well, I have to go to church tomorrow because my aunt decided it's best for all of us to start going. So you know what that means. My summer just got even worse. Even though didn't think that was possible."  

I giggled.  

"Oh, how much you wanna bet that in 10 years from now you're gonna be dressed in all white, singing songs about our heavenly god, & talking about how to make it to the gates of heaven."  

He groaned. 

"Eugh. Don't make such thoughts flash through my head!" he laughed in disgust. "How is your summer?" he questioned. 

"Hm. When did we last speak?" I asked. 

"1 week ago." he replied. 

"Oh that's right, my phone was messed up. But anyways. I think I missed out a really big detail about my summer when I last spoke to you." I said. 

"What is it?" he asked, kind of nervous. 

"Well, this new guy moved in the house in front with his family & I've been hanging out with him for 2 weeks so yeah." I answered. 

"Oh, so Alice got a lover?" He teased. 

I just laughed. Yeah, I would be lucky enough if a thought like that even crossed through Mason's mind. 

"Have you met any girls?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I forgot her name. But she was really hot. But I kicked her ass out of my life when she said her favorite game to play is Disney Sing It & her favorite singer was Justin Bieber." 

"Hm, sounded like a keeper." I laughed. I got a text message & looked at the screen.

Mason: Let's hang out.

"Hey Nats, I'm gonna let you go, Mason wants to hang out with me. Text you later, mk?" 

"Okay, but just in case you even go that far, remember to use protection." he laughs.