Chapter 17

Reyna's point of view

After I recognized Percy I was shocked, I knew that Annabeth had, Very stupidly I might add, Left Percy for some other guy that wouldn't be half as good to her as Percy was.  I didn't know why he had decided to become a god,  I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised, because if there was anyone who was worthy to become a god, it was Percy.  During our brief time at camp half-blood after the giant war, Percy's friends told us the stories of everything he had done since he found out he was a demigod. The stories proved that he was one of the greatest heroes  in history.

When I asked him why he had chosen to become a god he said that he was tired of people hurting him and then expecting to be forgiven, and that he thought godhood could be a new start. When I heard this I was furious at Annabeth and anyone else who had hurt Percy. He didn't deserve all the pain he had gone through, he deserved to be happy. Unfortunately though, it seemed like he just couldn't get a break,  he had been on numerous quests, lost several friends, nearly lost several others, fought in two wars, had his memories taken, fallen into Tartarus,  he had been through so much he definitely deserved a break.  

I wanted to do or say something but all I managed to say was, "I'm sorry."

 he shrugged and said, "Don't worry about it; I'm happy now."

 When he said this he glanced toward Neptune, I wondered if his father had come up with the idea to make him a god. "We will follow you Lord Perseus," Frank said.

 Percy dipped his head acknowledging frank's statement. As a show of respect, I bowed and the rest of the legion mirrored my actions. As I was rising from my bow I felt the wind from something flying over my head when I returned to my full height I saw a Pilum flying through the air straight toward Percy. I was shocked who would attack him? I thought everyone at camp Jupiter liked him, since after the giant war we had weeded out all of Octavian's followers who were against  the peace with the Greeks, and punished them for any crimes they had committed.

As it neared him he flicked his wrist and the Pilum froze in midair. He flicked his wrist again and the pilum started moving but it was moving a lot slower than it had been before. When it was close enough Percy grabbed it out of the air.

Seeing this made me wonder once again what his domains were. We were all shocked at what had just happened. But Percy was standing there holding the pilum as if it was no big deal. Jupiter and most of the other gods were scowling. Jupiter spoke again he said, "Praetors, make sure you find out who did that, and that they receive the Proper Punishment!"

"We will my lord." I said. I was rather confused I couldn't understand who would do such a thing. As far as I knew everyone in the legion liked Percy. And not only that, but whoever it was has committed a crime against the gods themselves, since they attacked a god completely unprovoked. I glanced down the line of gods and my eyes fell on the woman who was still holding Neptune's hand but if I wasn't mistaken she was gripping harder than she had been before, and she had a worried look on her face.

When I looked back to where Percy was I saw that he was walking toward us still holding the pilum when he was getting closer to us he examined the shaft of the weapon. I understood what he was doing, the pila have the cohort of their owner carved onto them. We could use that to find out who threw it at Percy.

I noticed that the other gods were starting to leave one after the other. I also noticed that the woman who had been beside Neptune was still there even though he was gone. She was following Percy. When Percy reached us I asked him, "Lord Perseus, You never told us what your domains, symbol of Power, and sacred animals are."

When he answered my question, I struggled to maintain my calm expression. And frank failed completely his eyes were wide. He managed to say, "Wow that's a lot." 

Percy chuckled he said "I know, when I first found out I was rather surprised myself."

 When he had told us his domains another question had entered my mind, so I asked him, "You said that one of your domains is time, is that how you stopped the pilum?"

He just nodded before saying, "speaking of that", he handed the weapon to me. "this says that the owner is in the third cohort."

 I nodded acknowledging his words. I will work on finding the person who threw it as soon as I could.I was about to ask another question when he spoke. he said, "Reyna I know your story, you have had a hard life, and faced it bravely. I want you to be my eyes and ears at this camp, you are the Roman demigod I trust most," then he gently put his hand on my shoulder and I felt power go through me unlike anything I had ever felt before. That's when I realized what had just happened.  I realized  he had  just blessed me.

I wasn't sure how to respond, all I managed to say was, "Thank you Lord Perseus." He accepted my thanks and then Hazel spoke up for the first time; she asked carefully "Lord Perseus, I am just curious, who is she?"

I knew she meant the woman who was with Neptune before the rest of the gods left, now she was standing behind Percy. He smiled, he looked back at the woman indicating she should come forward, he said, "Let me introduce you to Sally Jackson, my mother and the soon to be wife of Neptune." 

When he said that Sally blushed, we were somewhat surprised by that news but the sea green aura around her made the news pretty easy to accept. We talked for a little longer but Percy and Sally had to leave. I got the feeling that Percy would be different than the other gods. I was surprised that Neptune had someone that he truly loved; it was obvious that if what Percy had said was true, and I was sure it was that Poseidon had still loved Percy's mother when he had been forced to leave them.