Chapter 15

Percy's point of view

Zeus continued speaking to the demigods; he said, "Due to the fact that most of you fought in the second giant war, and some of you also fought in the second titan war we believe that you deserve a gift. We have decided to make you all partial immortal, you won't age, you won't get sick but you can still be killed in battle."

As soon as I heard this I thought what, why wasn't I told of this? I glared at Zeus for a moment but I was ignored. I mentally contacted my dad, that's another thing I could do since I became a god. I asked him, "Did you hear about this?"  

he responded by saying, "Think about it Percy, if we make her immortal we can make her life even more difficult."

I  decided that sounded pretty good to me, and grinned at the thought. He broke the connection. I returned my attention to the meeting and heard  Zeus say, "Do you accept?"

 They all accepted except for Thalia, of course, after all, she was already partial immortal due to her being a hunter. All the gods including me stood up and pointed our hands toward the demigods, and began to chant. They were surrounded by gold light. when we finished they didn't look that different but their skin glowed slightly.

"You are dismissed," Zeus said to the demigods  and then he left. 

One after the other the rest of the gods left until I was the only god left in the room. I shrunk down to normal size and my mom stood up I made the chair that I had made for her earlier disappear and then I beckoned for Chiron, Thalia, Nico, Piper, Jason and Leo to come over.

I heard Chiron telling the rest of the demigods to wait for them at the elevator and then they turned back and started walking toward me.

When they reached me Chiron was the first to speak, he said, "What can we do for you Lord Perseus."  

in response, I quickly said, "Chiron, there is no need for such formalities with me.  You are like a second father to me, so please just call me Percy like you always have."

 I turned to  Thalia Nico, Jason, Leo,  and Piper and said, "The same goes for you guys, you are some of my closest friends treat me the way you always have."  

They all agreed and Chiron said, "I am so proud of you Percy, You were one of my best students, you have done so much for the gods, you deserve this."

 I thanked him and then Thalia spoke, "I'm just wondering how you got them to do it, I mean don't most of them hate you?"

"they did they aren't too bad now, but I am sure that Ares would still like to beat me up except he wouldn't be able to land a punch," I said chuckling.  

"Why not?" Leo asked confused.

 "God of Time," I reminded him. Thalia and Nico's eyes widened, and they said, "You mean you are just like.."

Even though they didn't finish their sentence I knew what they meant I have similar powers to Kronos. Briefly, I remembered when I had fought him on the Princess Andromeda and in Manhattan. If I ever faced him again it would be an interesting contest, I thought to myself.

I just nodded in response  and said, "Similar powers, but not exactly the same." 

"Just like who?" Leo asked confused. 

 no one bothered to answer his question. Jason broke the silence that followed Leo's question. He said, "I get that you were upset and left but how did you become a god?"

 I gave them the short version. When I mentioned that I had been planning on proposing to Annabeth their eyes widened. Apparently, Annabeth had failed to mention that part of the story. I finished saying "when dad asked me I accepted."

I was just about to say that I had to leave when I remembered that there were two more things that I had to tell them first. I said, "if you were wondering where Blackjack and Porkpie went they are with me, they agreed to serve me. When it is necessary they will pull my chariot, and they are now immortal." 

"How did you get them out of camp without revealing yourself?" Leo asked.

I smiled and said, "It wasn't that hard since I've learned to use some of my new powers."

 The last thing I said was, "when Dionysus is done I will be the new camp director."

 They smiled when they heard that. They were probably looking forward to finally being rid of Dionysus.  Then I said, "I have to go and reintroduce myself to camp Jupiter."

 They turned to leave while I turned to my mom, she said, "I am so proud of you Percy." 

I thanked her, and then I told her to grab my arm. As Chiron and my friends were leaving, Mom and I teleported to Camp Jupiter. We were standing behind the rest of the gods. My mom removed her hand from my arm and walked toward my dad. He was in his Roman form, Neptune, which I had never seen before. meanwhile, I was changing into  my Roman form.  To be honest my Roman form wasn't all that different from my Greek one but despite that I tend to stay in my Greek form since I was born a Greek demigod, and I'm just used to being Greek.