Chapter 9

Percy's Point of view.

When I got back to the apartment, something told me that I should knock, so I did. While I waited for an answer I wondered what they were doing, finally I heard mom say "come in." I walked into the room. Mom and Dad were sitting on the couch holding hands but when I looked at them, I was pretty sure that mom's hair was messier than when I had left, and was Dad's shirt on inside out?

I began to get a suspicion about what they had been doing, and I think I'll avoid that couch from now on. Smirking at them  I said "I'll be at your palace Dad; we have so much to talk about." I thought I saw nervousness in his eyes. Mom quickly closed her eyes and I left. If I was right about what they had been doing it seems that they are rekindling things faster than I expected.     I mean I wondered if they would end up back together eventually, but I didn't think it would happen that fast.  but it doesn't really matter to me, as long as my mom was happy I was.

Poseidon's point of view

What was I going to say to Percy? I'm pretty sure that he figured out  what Sally and I had been doing. I certainly don't regret it, she is the right woman. There was just something about her that I didn't have with Amphitrite. don't get me wrong I did love my wife, but there was just something special about Sally that drew me to her.

I hope to make her my immortal wife, but I won't ask her just yet, I mean we just got back together. That might be a little too soon to propose marriage.  There is one problem with that plan though, convincing my brother to make her immortal. The rest of the council wouldn't be a problem, but Zeus, well he's Zeus. 

I was surprised when he didn't object to Percy becoming a God; I had suspected that it would take more convincing. perhaps he finally sucked it up and accepted how great a hero Percy is. I'm sure Percy won't have a problem with me marrying Sally, because  if I don he won't have to lose his mother, and I know that if don't that would be a hard loss for Percy to take when the time came.

Sally and I talked for a little longer, but I knew Percy would be waiting for me. Besides I had some questions for him as well, I had noticed that he was later than he had said he would be, and I couldn't help but be curious about why, After all one of his domains was time. I knew that if Apollo and Hermes heard about it we wouldn't hear the end of it for the next few millennia.   I kissed Sally one last time and then I left planning on visiting her as often as I could.

I teleported to my palace, where I found Percy waiting for me in the throne room. He walked over to me, he said "uh Dad I think your shirt is inside out." I looked down and sure enough it was. Styx I thought that's how he figured it out. I quickly  fixed it. When I finished  Percy said  while smirking at me"So you and Mom have fixed your relationship."   I think he already knew the answer to that question but I nodded anyway.

After an awkward silence I said "Percy, I don't want to rush things but I plan on Proposing to your mother eventually. Percy didn't seem all that surprised by this, he said "that's great Dad."

Trying to get the topic of conversation away from me and Sally, I said "I noticed you were late" it was his turn to look embarrassed. He said "don't say a word." Now I was smirking at him. He knew just as well as I did that if some of the other gods heard about it, they would never let it go.

I already had a suspicion about what had distracted him, but I decided to see if he would tell me himself. So I asked him "what could have distracted the god of time so much that he was late."

He said "after I left I went to see Tyson, after I finished talking to him I went for a walk in Central Park." I was pretty sure that was just part of the truth. But I let the subject drop. If my suspicions were correct I would find out sooner or later anyway. Not long after I dropped the subject Percy left.

After he left I sat down on my throne, smiling to myself I am the happiest I have been in centuries, I had Sally and Percy, and as long as I could get Zeus to allow it I wouldn't have to lose either of them.

I am so proud of Percy, he is one of the greatest heroes, he has done more than even Heracles, and he went through so much without breaking.

I was furious at the Athena spawn for breaking him. He seemed to be getting over it but that didn't make me any less angry. I am looking forward to seeing her face when we reveal Percy on the Winter solstice. And I'm pretty sure that Percy is looking forward to it too.