Falling chapter twenty two

My tears soon dried. I studied Sherlock. He was absolutely gorgeous. He was only wearing his silk pyjama pants. His face was relaxed when he slept. I had only gotten a few hours of sleep before my nightmare awoke me. I was tired. Very slowly, I wrapped his limp arm around my torso. He moaned in his sleep. I paused, daring not to move an inch, for if I did, he would surely wake. His eyes stayed closed, and his mouth slack. I shimmied my back on his chest. He then groaned happily, and threw his leg over mine. I closed my eyes, and dreamt of happy thing.

I woke up to the groggy voice of Sherlock saying "Hey, get up!" and him patting my thigh. He stood up and walked over to the dresser, stripping out of his clothes. I stretched my arms, and watched him dress. "When are you going to tell him?" a voice repeated. Tonight. I will tell him tonight. Better sooner rather than later, right? I got up and started to dress myself. I couldn't get my damn bra to behave. "A little help?" I turned around. He quickly fit the snaps together and walked out. I continued to dress, wearing a pale blue blouse, and a black pencil skirt. I slipped on my black flats, at picked up Luci. "You want something to eat?" I asked in that voice you use only for animals. I brought him to the kitchen and filled up his water and food bowls. He ate quickly, and so did I. I wasn't exactly sure what cereal I was eating. Probably Fiber one (John has really bad indigestion, but you didn't hear it from me.) I washed my bowl out, and stuck it back on the shelf. I brushed my hair once more, grabbed my jacket, and headed out. It was warm for a day in London, but even then it was chilly. I felt that today was going to be a good day. I walked through the doors of the hospital, keeping out of people's ways with my head down. I headed up to my floor. I was pretty much the only one who worked there. Examining dead people wasn't exactly a social event. We didn't get many bodies. Enough, but there were only two or three others working with me. I slipped off my jacket, to put on my lab coat, and started on my work.