Chapter 18

Not completely happy about this chapter. Here it is anyway. Hope you enjoy.....dedicated to Trishell!!!

My hands trembled as I walked down the aisle of the church. There’s so many people and not a dry eye in the place. I could see his Grandmother in the front along with his other family members. Everyone said that I was to sit in the front with the family. That he would want it that way. One of his uncles walked me to the third row and sat me next to Nicole. I looked over when she grabbed my hand. I could see that Dre sat next to her. Then it was Marshall and his girls and some of the guys towards the end. 

I snapped around when Asia sat next to me. I was confused again she didn’t look right but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I sat here in a church pew again. My mom always said that death came in threes. How I wished that she was wrong. I don’t know if I could handle losing another person. I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked over to see Lenny. Where the hell did Asia go? The back of my mind wondered. I couldn’t process that though. “Why Lenny? Why did he have to go? I just miss him so much! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME PLEASE!”

“MYKAELA WAKE UP, WAKE UP NOW!” My eyes flashed opened. The light in the room nearly blinded me. When I focused there was no Lenny but Tyler. He breathed a sigh of relief. “Shit, Myk you sure can fight in your sleep.” I followed is eyes to the floor and saw that Lenny was sitting on the floor holding his jaw. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry Lenny I swear I didn’t mean to. I was just having a bad dream. Curtis had got shot and he died.” I started to laugh and looked around the room noticing I was in the hospital. “What happened?” It came out in a whisper. Lenny got up off the floor. He and Tyler took a seat on opposite sides of the bed. “He’s in ICU which is just a precaution. They removed both bullets. He’s going to be fine.” I nodded in understanding. “What happened at the studio?” “Someone came in to rob the place. They were just shooting randomly. Luckily no one died. He was hit in the shoulder and in the leg. Luckily they didn’t hit anything too important.” I made a face at that statement. Curtis is too important to me. Lenny continued on. “You know what I mean. He should be released in a couple of days.” Lenny informed me. 

I let go of the breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. Tyler spoke up this time. “You’ve been unconscious since yesterday. You basically checked out and had to be given a sedative. The doctor said you should be better when you wake.” Lenny left the room at that moment. When he came back he wasn’t alone. “Glad to see you’re awake Ms. Washington. I’m doctor Lance Fitzgerald. How are you feeling?” “A lot better. I guess.” “Well what is the last thing you remember.” I thought for a moment. “The diner. We ordered food and then the news was on. I can’t recall anything after. What happened?” “Good that’s really good. Well you went into to shock after seeing the news. We had to sedate you. What we gave you basically let you sleep and restart your mind. Well so to speak. I will get your discharge papers and you can go.” I nodded and thanked the doctor on his way out. 

When I was finally released from the hospital Dean was standing right outside my room. His face was unreadable as he escorted me to Curtis. Before we walked in I had to know something. “Dean, where was security when the robbery happened? I mean don’t they always have security at the studio?” Dean’s face went hard at that question. “Honestly, I’m not sure. I am going to find out.” I nodded my head in understanding. “When you find out then you let me know. I am so going to get a lawyer and sue there asses.” My voice came out in a deadly hushed tone. 

I closed my eyes and let out a calming breath. When I opened them the surprised expression on Dean’s face made me smirk. I guess no one understands the protectiveness I have for my loved ones. 

I only got one foot inside the door before I froze. He was laying there with his arm and leg bandaged up. There are all kinds of machines hooked up to him. I couldn’t move. “Its okay Myk. He will be fine.” I went to his side instantly. I slipped my hand into his I really thought I had lost him. What the hell would I have done if he was gone. His hand tightening around my brought me out of my thoughts. My gaze rose and our eyes met. The tears instantly started to fall. “Shhhh Myk, please don’t cry baby. Its okay. I’m going to be alright. Don’t cry baby.” He pulled me down to him and embraced me with his good arm. I buried my head into his muscled chest. “I cant live without you Curtis. Please don’t leave me.” The tears were very fierce and the sobs came non stop.