Chapter 14

Here is the lastest update. ***Please be warned that there is adult content in this chapter.*****

The next day Lenny, Asia, Curtis and I went to visit Tyler. Curtis carried me from the house to the car and from the car to Tyler’s hospital room. I just loved every minute of it, note my sarcasm. Lenny drove us all in my Cayenne Porsche. Asia took shot gun. Leaving me and Curtis in the back seat. I held back the smile at Curtis holding my hand. God I really missed him. Unconsciously I tried to get closer to him but when I moved my body protested painfully. I tensed up and squeezed Curtis’ hand tightly. “What’s wrong.” He whispered in my ear but I could still hear the alarm in his tone. 

“I’m okay. I was..” I trailed off at the end. Feeling a little embarrassed at the moment. I felt his fingers caress the side of my face. They slid down to my chin and pull my head up so that my eyes met his. “Tell me. Don’t get shy on me now.” I slowly lick my lips watching as his eyes follow the movement. I smiled gently at him and his eyes came back to mine. “I just really missed you. I was just trying to get closer to you. That’s all.” He just nodded his head but before he could respond Asia brought us out of our little world. “Are you guys going to get out? Or are you just going to gaze into each others eyes.” She just busted out laughing at the end. We both looked around after her ‘hysterical’ statement and realized that we were in the hospital parking lot.

When we finally walked into Tyler’s room he wasn’t in his bed. I panicked instantly. “Where is he?!” I spoke to no one specific. I hadn’t even noticed that anyone was in the room until Anton spoke up. “He went down to x-ray. Calm down he‘s okay.” Anton reassured me. His voice sounded so crushed. He then looked up at us. It was then my eyes landed on his tired face. Anton looked as if he hadn’t slept in a weeks. I took a deep breath to calm myself down as Curtis set me down on a chair opposite from Anton.  

 So how are you? Why are you being carried? You cant walk?” Anton rushed out as if trying to change the subject. “I’m fine. It just hurts to move but I can walk. Someone is insistent on carrying me.” I fake glare at Curtis and he gave me a smile in return. Turning my attention back to Anton I asked. “How are you holding up?” He rubbed his hands over his face and sighed. “Just thankful he’s alive. That’s all I can be right now. I don’t want to crumble right now. I have to hold it together for him.” He said it as if repeating it for the thousand time. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Curtis nod his head slightly. He must understand where Anton is coming from. At that moment the door opened and an orderly wheeled Tyler in. 

I tried, really I did, but couldn’t hold back the tears that fell at the sight of my broken best friend. “Tyler.” It came out as a silent sob. His face and arms where covered in bruises and cuts. He didn’t look like Tyler at all. I felt Curtis’ hands rub my shoulders very softly as Tyler was helped into the bed. By that time I had contained my tears. 

I cleared my throat and Tyler’s eyes landed on me. “Myk, I’m so glad to see you. I would give you a smile but it hurts my face. How are-” It was then that Tyler’s eyes landed on Curtis. “Holy crow! You really did date him!” Anton looked confused for a moment. “You’re really 50 Cent?” Curtis nodded his head. “Yeah, I am.” Anton got a awe struck expression. “Well damn.” Was the only thing he could say. We had a big laugh about the reaction and time it took for them to notice him. 

“Okay back to what I was saying before I “geeked out”. How are you?“ I shook my head slowly. “You would be worried about me when you’re the one in the hospital. I’m fine. How are you? Lenny said you broke two ribs and fractured your elbow.” He nodded his head in agreement. “Well you’re my best friend so of course I will be worried about you. I’ll be okay eventually so don’t dwell on all that.” I wiped at a traitorous tear before it could escape. “Thank you.” I said clear to him. Everyone in the room looked dumbfounded at my statement. Except for Tyler he knew what I meant and just smiled in response.