Chapter 3

I could hear a familiar beat repeating in my ears. The beginning began to play again and I started to sing along. “You aint no friend of mine, you aint no kin of mine, what makes you think that I wont run up on you with my nine, we do this all the time, right now we on our-” I stopped when someone took the ear phones off my head. “Mykaela, can you hear me? If you can hear me open your eyes.” I just took a quick peek and shut them quickly. “Mom, its too bright.” I could hear the blinds being closed and the main lights being turned off. 

I opened my eyes more this time. My mom smiled down at me. She took a deep breath. “I am so glad that you are awake. How do you feel?” “Confused. What happened?” I asked looking around the room. It was just the two of us but the room was filled with multicolored roses. “Well what’s the last thing you remember?” “The house warming party. I was cleaning up some glass then everything went hazy. Like it was a dream.” “You were attacked. Richard attacked you. He tried to kill you.” 

Tears slowly walked down my cheeks as fuzzy memories started to waft back. “I was in the bathtub.” I recollected. “Yes. Lenny pulled you out of the tub. He and Asia performed CPR on you. Curtis and his friends beat Richard to a bloody pulp. If it weren’t for Dr., I mean Andre they would have killed him.” I reached up and wiped the tears from my face. “Where is everyone? Curtis? Asia?” “Curtis had to get back to work. He calls everyday at four-” Wait. Everyday? How long have I been here. Mom sees the confusion on my face. “You’re been here almost, two weeks. You were in a coma.” Mom reached over and pushed the nurses button. “Yes.” A voice came from the intercom. “Will you please page Doctor Merchant.” “Sure thing.” “Thanks.”

Mom pulled out her phone and dialed a number I know to be Curtis’. She hits call and puts the phone to my ear. He answered on the first ring. “Hi.” There were a couple beats of silence on the other end. I could hear someone in the background. ‘Curtis you okay?’ He exhaled. “I’m so glad that you’re okay. I hope you like the flowers.” “You sent me all these flowers?” I whispered smiling from ear to ear. “Wow, thank you.” “You’re welcome. Um, I have to go but I will be there later.” “Okay.” We both hung up in unison.

The doctor ran more test for the next two days. He was finally satisfied that I was in good health. The morning I was being released Curtis came with fifteen body guards. “Don’t you think that fifteen is a little excessive?” He chuckled a little. “I wanted to bring about fifty but your mom made me tune it down a little.” 

We were escorted to the basement of the hospital. We loaded up in three black Tahoe trucks. There were more guards at my house when we arrived. Reporters were outside the gate of my home. We entered through the back. 

“Come on up the stairs. I will put you in bed.” “Mom, no. I just want to sit on the couch and watch TV. Besides I‘m kind of hungry.” I haven’t told anyone about the nightmares. They are even more intense than before. “Well you sit down and I will fix everyone some late lunch.”

I sat on the oversized couch grabbing the remote. I turned the TV on. ‘Sources tell us that Mykaela Washington has finally been released from the hospital.’ Curtis sat down next to me on the couch. ‘It is believed that 50 Cent has hired an army to protect his new girl-’. Curtis grabbed the remote from my hand. He flipped through the channels. My brow furrowed. “Don’t pay any attention to the news okay. I‘m just being over protective that‘s all.” He assumed the wrong thing. “I wasn’t thinking about that.” I smiled at him and pulled my knees up to my chest. He sat back and looked at me questioningly. “They keep using the term girlfriend.” I blushed and planted my face in between my knees. 

He ran a hand through my hair until I looked up again. “The first morning I saw you I was hooked.” I started to nod in agreement. “Wait, morning? We didn’t meet until my first night here.” “I saw you that morning when you arrived. The hotel staff was falling all over them selves to help you. I have only ever seen celebrities get that kind of treatment.” I nodded in agreement and glanced at the TV. Of course he left the TV on ESPN. The Cowboys were playing the Dolphins. It was half time and the Dolphins were up by a touch down. 

“Is it so bad being connected to me?” I shook my head as another smile threatened at my lips. “Not at all but….” I trialed off. “But what. Finish what you‘re saying.” “I know girls throw themselves at you all the time. You can have anyone you want. So why would 50 Cent settle for normal?” He gave me that 50 chuckle I love so much. “I have over thirty guards here to protect you. What makes you think you are normal? I really like you. I just don’t want to put any pressure on you.” Mom came at that moment with some deli sandwiches. We ate in silence watching the game. 

I had fallen asleep toward the end of the fourth quarter. “Myk wake up, its just a dream.” I open my eyes but the room is completely dark. I can feel his arms wrapped around me. “You were talking in your sleep.” I breathed deeply and tried to lower my heart rate. I could feel that I was in my bed. “You were saying help me. What were you dreaming about.” “Richard had me again. He had a gun to my head.” I was breathing slowly. “Listen to me. As long as I’m around, you don’t have to worry. I won’t let anyone hurt you.” “Okay.” He combed his hand through my hair. He leans in and kisses me lightly on the lips. 

Five days after I returned home the reporters finally left. Two days after that mom had to return to work in Texas. Life seemed to be going back to normal. Until two and a half weeks after mom went home Curtis came to me.

“Myk, we need to talk.” I smiled at him as he entered my room. I was standing there in my red lacy bra and matching panties. He stopped short and gave me a lustful smile. “Focus honey.” “Oh I am.” He took a breath. “I have to go back to New York.” My smile disappeared very quickly. “Don’t give me that look. I want you to come with me. I would love for you to see my world.”

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.