7.HangZhou

•WEITING•

The ShanDong boy's eyes fluttered open, staring deep into WeiTing's.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, WeiTing." He said softly.

WeiTing pursed her lips and turned away, packing up her things while Tze Xian tried to get up by himself.

"Go apologize to Qin." She said, matter-of-factly, still not wanting to turn around and look at him.

"WeiTing. I know you're angry and mad and I-"

"I'm not angry, Wu Tze Xian, I'm disappointed. I'm...I expected so much more from you. We're a team now. And you guys almost killed each other yesterday! Look at yourself! All bloody and hurt! How are we supposed to walk all the way to HangZhou like that?!" WeiTing slumped back to the wall, surprised by her own sudden outburst.

"You're under a lot of stress." He said, stumbling near her.

"Yeah. What else is new?" She sighed.

Tze Xian helped her pack a while before WeiTing said ," That's enough i guess. We should be able to reach there without worrying about supplies. If we run out, Qin knows how to hunt."

Tze Xian frowned at her name. But he still nodded.

WeiTing helped him up.

"Let's get Qin and Lu Er. And we'll go." She smiled for the first time that day.

*

•QIN•

HuHang expressway was flooded. Qin didn't understand how. Or why. The past road had been dry and clean and easy to walk or drive on. It had taken them nearly a week to get this far, anticipation rising with each new day. But being flooded like this, the four of them realized that it would be more than hard to get to HangZhou.

"Is it supposed to look like that?" Lu Er asked.

"Not a chance," said Qin. They stood on the top of an office complex on the edge of the city, surveying the scene with her binoculars. "It's not all flooded." She concluded. "Just most of it. Looks like there are rises and falls on the terrain, though nothing huge. I'd bet most of the water's just a few...inches deep, maybe a few feet in the worst places. Looks like the lake overflowed it's boundaries."

"This place had dozens of canals running through." Said Tze Xian. "Some of your shallow streets are going to be deep, deep rivers."