I need you now.8.

Taleah:

I quickly swallowed the piece of chicken in my mouth and almost choked when Aleah released the ‘secret’; I told her to keep that to herself. I nudged at her leg pissed. Why the hell did I tell her? I guess I was just trying to avoid even speaking about Miles.

   Silence fell over us all. Aleah marched from the table and ran upstairs to her room. Mama face was red with guilt and embarrassment as she looked down at her plate of food.

“Taleah baby, gone up stairs and get your things ready for school tomorrow. Me and ya daddy need to talk for a moment.” She said with her southern accent weighing heavy on her worry. I left my food at the table and walked towards the stairway, but I stopped mid-way with my ear to the dinner Room.

“So this is what it has come to Candance?” Daddy asked with pain thick on his tone.

“I-I’m sorry.” Mama said almost in a whisper.

“So your gay!?” my daddy shouted rumbling the whole house.

“Quiet down Omar,         NO!......I don’t know!” she replied as her voice trembled.

“WELL DAMMIT figure it out!” he snapped to her

That was the first time I heard daddy curse. I cover my mouth as I was so surprised bythe this whole conversation.

“ I can’t have you committing the biggest sin and ruin our children and my blessings Candace!” he continued.

“Well what do you expect Omar!? You too busy at that danged church you barely even touch me anymore!” she yelled back to him.

“My mama told me you was the devils child, why dint I listen Lord? Why!?” he sounded stressed.

“Don’t put this all on me Omar! I’ve seen how the women at that church cut their eyes at you and touch you! And you don’t do a damn thing to stop it!” she yelled as her voice came closer to the stair case. I heard them coming up the stairs so I scurried up to my room and shut the door.

A tear fell from my left eye as I walked to my bed and sunk my head into my pillow. I looked up to my mother and fathers relationship! I wanted to so badly to have a love like theirs, but now it seems like they are pushing towards ending it. I got up from my bed and got on my knees and bowed my head into my hands.

“Dear God,

Guide our family into strength. I pray that our love will help bind us through anything the devil tries to take away from us. I’ve known I I’ve done bad things like; lie to daddy and mama about I do in choir rehearsals and kiss. . . Well Aleah’s Ex, Miles . . she wasn’t even suppose to be with him to begin with. .” I said as I felt myself start to tense up. I sighed and calmed my nerves. “God please just give me a sign.” I said as I lifted my head to the sealing as I opened my eyes, almost waiting for a reply. Another tear feel from my eye. “Thank you for blessing me with my family, but I can’t lose them God, but I’m willing to follow you on any path you take me….”

“-In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.”

_________________________________

2 months later..

My heart pounded heavy against my chest as I saw Miles walk into choir rehearsals. I hadn’t seen him since that day we kissed and was almost caught by my mama.

“Hey Taleah.” He said casually like nothing happened between us.

“Hey Miles.” I said as I smiled nervously.