The Hurtful Truth.4.

I sat out on the grass of my backyard and watched as the breeze moved the bayou swiftly. Sometimes I sing, sometimes I write. Daddy had a church meeting today and mama, hmm I don't know where she was. Probably avoiding me. That left me here alone. I didn't mind, I was use to it anyway.

I heard heavy footsteps in the grass and turn to see Miles walking up with a frown on his face.

"Hey Taleah, is Aleah here?" He asked as he took a seat next to me in the grass.
I shook my head no and continued to look at the water.

"Well, whatcha doing?" He asked as he looked at me with those beautiful hazel eyes.

"Just thinking.." I replied

"Who is he?" He asked boldly with a smile .

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I said letting out a halfway smile.

". . . .So where is Aleah?" He asked making my smile disappear again.

"Ugh I don't know! Why don't you go look for her!?" I snapped at him.

"Damn Im sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." He said as he bit down on his bottom lip. Why did he have to do that? It made me want him even more.

"Look Miles Aleah is playing you, she's only using you to get back at me." I said in a calming tone.

"How would she be getting you back by messing with me?" He asked wearing confusion on that gorgeous face.

I sighed and tried to think of the words to tell him how I really felt. This boy had Been my best friend since kindergarten, why was it so hard to tell him how I felt?

"Miles your a decent boy, but Aleah she's just not into you. She's using you to hurt me because...."

"Because what? He forced out.

"She has other boys, okay! Why are you so stupid not to notice that!?" I yelled in frustration.

Miles bust out laughing , which sent me into a trans of confusion. I raised my brow at his reaction.

"I knew you were jealous. . . your jealous! Your mad that Aleah and I have real love and you too damn stuck up for a dude to even want you!" He shot to me.

I couldn't believe the words that left his lips! I pulled back and gave him a hard slap to his mouth. He looked shocked as he held the side of his face. I left him by the lake and went back into the house.

**********

The next day.... Wednesday school was over and daddy came to pick us both up for bible study. We got to the church and it was empty because we was an hour early.

Aleah went to the back of the church with her eyes glued to her phone as usual. Daddy had his bible highlighting scriptures for the study.

Forty minutes later, The doors of the church opened and in came Miles with his mama and both of them with bibles in hand. Miles mother was beautiful. She was a caramel woman who wore a short cut like Halle berry. He stole those hazel eyes from her. I can say them standing next to each other they looked more like siblings than mother and son.

He caught eye contact with me and gave me a cold glare. When He spotted Aleah he planted a kiss onto her lips. I just shook my head at that fool. I didn't feel bad for that slap I gave him. I was hoping it’ll bring his dumb behind back to reality, but I think I just slapped Him in to a stupor.

The church became full as more members arrived. I sat in the third to last row of the pews and listened to daddy welcome the church to the study. I felt a heavy tap on my shoulder and found Alexis in the row behind me with her mama. I waved to her and she waved back. She pulled her braced mouth to my ear.

"Meet me in the bathroom ASAP!" She said as spit flew onto my earlobe. She walked to the back of the church where it lead and I followed.

"What girl!? My daddy will kill me if He knew-" Alexis interrupted me.

"Look!" She said as she revealed a video of Aleah being sexed by her brother to me. My mouth fell open. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I grabbed the phone from Alexis to get a better view.

"Where did you get this!?" I said as I continued to watch.

"My brother, George. He recorded it the other night at some party he went too. I stole his phone" She said as she giggled and lit up. Alexis loved to pass me the latest gossip.

One of the church women walked into the bathroom and I threw George's phone into my purse.

"You have to let me borrow this." I whispered to Alexis. She shrugged and we both headed back to study.

*************

After bible study everyone shared goodbye hugs and kisses. I spotted Miles standing at the side of the church with two other boys from the church. I decided to go let him know about the video.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I said interrupting their laughter. Miles ignored me and continued talking to his friends.
I yanked his arm away from the group of boys and they laughed again.

"What!?" He yelled to me.

I retrieved George's phone from my purse and the light of the video flashed into Miles face as I reveled the sexual acts that Aleah was having. His face was filled with fire as was his eyes. He stormed away from me and left me where I was standing. I didn't mean to hurt him, but he needed to know the truth.

We all returned home from bible study and migrated to our bedrooms. I sat in my bed with George's phone in hand. I decided I would tell Aleah about the video.

I walked into the room to find her head dug into the pillow.

"Oooh. . . Aleah. Look what I found!" I said as I waved the phone over her head.