Chapter Nine: His Belle

Marist's POV

I woke up to the blaring of my alarm and groaned. I made my way to Kira's house. It'd been about a week since Joey had gone AWOL and sadly Kira had been giving that her full attention. The more we tried to distract her, the more she seemed to fight us and order more of us to go looking for someone who very clearly did not want to be found.

I knocked thrice and waited for my cue to enter. Where I once walked in, I now awaited to be allowed in. Her home was once a place I felt at home and now everything had a touch of something different, the colours seemed off and the furnishings seemed less inviting.
"Come in" I heard Kira shout.
I entered gingerly, as if to avoid angering some beast on the other side of the door.
"I'm in my room" She called and I nearly groaned my displeasure at having to go to the one place I hated being. I used to love being in that room and all the things we got up to. Now it was like a torture chamber designed for me and only me. Everywhere I looked caused pain of once happy memories to whip across my mind like white hot rods that caused the most searing agony. But I smiled when I walked in.
She just looked at me, her eyes puffy and red, her cheeks blotchy and tear stained.

Kira's POV

The way his eyes changed said it all. They went from mildly cheery to sympathetic and consoling. I hated when anyone looked at me and felt sorry for me. I wasn't to be felt sorry for.
He sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. He went to speak but I cut him off.
"We found him. He already knows I'm not his lira, he refused Alpha position and has only agreed to come back providing he is left alone for the most part" I explained.
He just sat there looking dumbfounded. His face was shocked, confused and mildly angry but yet there it was, that sympathetic look in his eyes. I had myself feeling sorry for me, I didn't need him too.
He smiled at me and opened his arms, I quickly flung myself in to them. He lightly kissed my head and I felt that buzz. I sighed contentedly and went to pull back but as I did our faces met. For a moment I thought nothing was going to happen. He gently placed a hand on my cheek, rubbing lightly. I relaxed into his touch, closed my eyes and smiled.
Then his lips were on mine. Gentle at first but with every second it became more and more urgent and forceful. My head started spinning and found myself responding with the same sense of urgency and force. My body was on autopilot while my mind bounced around searching for how my body should actually react but the more we kissed the less it found, it eventually gave up and just sloshed about in a sea of confusion, anger and something I couldn't quite put my finger on.
His hands were all over me, looking for an entrance.
Really? Jay's voiced sounded in my head.
I stopped and pulled away, holding his hands in place.
Not now, Jay. I thought back at him.
Just come down. Please? It sounded like he was pleading.
I mentally huffed and stood up. Marist moaned and flopped back on the bed. Drama queen.

Jay's POV

I could hear her coming down the stairs. Why was I so nervous? Was my body planning something I wasn't?
"What?" She snapped.
"I, erm, wanted to let you know..." I croaked.
"Yes...?" She prompted.
"I wanted to let you know, that if you should need someone to fill in for your Alpha male, I would, erm, you know... fill in." I said quickly.
"That's lovely. We done here?" She asked, sharply.
"Actually no," I replied firmly "I think what you're doing is idiotic and pathetic. Getting back with your ex to compensate for not having a lira? The level to stoop surely isn't so low as to compensate for you acting the fool, is it?"
That really flared her up. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Coming in-" I cut her off
"What because I said what needs saying? You're an Alpha! Not some pup who got separated from it's mother and there are a hundred and one things I can list that would deal with your current situation better that what you're about to do!" I snapped.
The anger that had come to her so rapidly had dissipated as sooner that in had appeared.
"I'm saying this because I care Ki, not because I'm trying to berate you or treat you with any less respect than you have earned. I'm being your friend. You don't need to fuck your ex, you need a friend. Not someone who is going to take advantage of a vulnerable position, like him."
She agreed and walked away, after sometime she said her goodbyes to Marist at the door and he left.
She turned to me, something new in her eyes. A sense of determination. She stalked towards me like a predator to prey.
"What if I needed that kind of release?" She asked.
"Then get it off someone who you don't have previous experience with. With him, emotions are in the mix and they won't help you. You need someone who you can trust but who you can just have completely meaningless sex with" I replied.
"What about you?" She asked, her eyes were practically glowing.
"What do you mean?"
"Can I have meaningless sex with you?"
"Are you asking if we are going to or asking if you could ever?"
"I'm asking you to have meaningless sex with me. Right. Now."
"Erm..."
She rolled her eyes and closed the distance. She looked me in the eyes, her face mere centimetres from my own.
She locked her lips on to mine with the eagerness of lion eating for the first time in days. Every movement was purposeful and it drew me in like an ant to honey.
"I need an answer Jay" She whispered.
"Yes." The word was out of my mouth before I even knew what I was saying. She pulled away, grabbing me by the hand and pulling me upstairs.

A/N this book is being put on hold for the time being, I'm going to start writing more and I need to get a few chapters ahead so I can upload one or two a week. Thank you to all those still reading. You'll have an update on Sunday 16th September. I'm also doing other books so please go check them out!