Chapter Eight: Wake Up My Lonely Dying Love

It had been a week since Alex had given me the position of Alpha and honestly I had no idea why. He said it had something to do with my wolf being naturally dominant.
Matty had been sticking close to me more recently and honestly it was starting to worry me.
An Alpha had to have a mate. Alex being Alex defied that indefinitely and refused to even get close to a female. But sadly an alpha female couldn't do the same. Females needed someone to take on the more harsh jobs to do with taking down rogue males. Matty was the only thing in my way. Sadly half of the guys in this pack were otherwise occupied.

It was Monday and I was up early. Matty never woke before six on a Monday, so waking up at five was probably the best idea I'd ever had. I made my way to Alex's house and walked in. I saw Joey sat on the stairs as shouting over head blasted my ears. Alex and JJ never argued that bad. I looked at Joey and he looked at me. The hatred in his eyes hurt deeply as he scowled at me before standing and storming out, slamming the door as he went. The arguing stopped abruptly and I saw JJ coming down the stairs and smiling at me.
"Hey, did Joey just leave?" He asked. I nodded. "You okay? You look a bit upset."
I had come here to ask Joey to be the other Alpha and he just left without me even being able to open my mouth. I looked at JJ and mind linked to him the scene I'd just been subjected to.
He furrowed his eyebrows and frowned.
"He's just upset. Don't worry about it Ki." I looked at him confused. "Someone might have Lirated on you but obviously they won't know until the kiss you." My eyes bulged.
He came closer to me and leaned in slowly and gently pressed his lips to mine.

The sky was black. It was raining. I was surrounded by black suits and sorrowful faces. The coffin lowered as my tears fell in time to the rains beat. My chest was tight as the rest of my body began to numb. The gentle thud of the coffin as it hit the earth six feet below. I turned and ran. The numbness was almost at my heart. I reached to place where I thought I was alone and screamed. Arms were around me pulling me close as I screamed out every last part of me that burned in anger. That flame that had burned in passion and love now burned with anger and hate and spread deep. I knew that the piece of my soul that had been ripped out of my life so maliciously was never going to heal. And even if the numbness faded it would return because the pain it held back was never going to leave me. That pain drove me. It brought me all kinds of new goals. And the number one thing on that list was make that pain end by ending the life that had ended his. That had ended the life of my best friend.

I opened my eyes as he pulled away. We both felt that buzz but it wasn't of that lust in and want. It was of sadness and guilt.
"Ki, I feel protective of you. It feels like liration but it clearly isn't. And whatever that buzz was, it means I am meant to be in your life. Maybe not as your lira but as a friend. Come on. Let's go find my ninny of a cousin and get you an Alpha male."

A/N: So who do you think the flash forward (the bit in italics) was about? Also thanks to the people who are still reading this! I know it's slow with updates but college corse work has been a nightmare and sometimes I just forget. Anyway, have fun reading! Love you!
K xx