;;jealousy looks hot on ryan;;

"Hey, Ryan," Brendon smiles as he sits on the other side of the table outside. I momentarily look up and nod before going back to my book. "What're you reading?"

"Uhm, I'm rereading Harry Potter," I grin sheepishly. Brendon giggles quietly and nods, adjusting his glasses as he looks down at his lap. Suddenly, Brendon opens his mouth to say something, his whole face bright red.

"Why aren t you hanging out with Dallon?" I ask snarkily, before he can get a word out. His mouth shuts immediately and his face gets impossibly red before his head snaps down and he stares at his lap. I inwardly cringe seconds after I say it, trying to think of a way to fix the now awkward situation.

After five minutes of silence, I can see a grin forming on Brendon's face before he asks, "Are you jealous?"

I'm pretty sure my eyes were the size of the moon as I stared at Brendon. "What?" I ask.

"I asked if you're jealous," Brendon says, slower this time.

"No, why would I be jealous?" I ask, attempting to sound casual. I mean, of course I'm jealous, but Brendon can't know that.

Brendon is silent for a few seconds. "I don't know," he whispers. Before he's all the way turned away from me, I can literally see tears in his eyes.

"Oh my god, I'm an asshole," I say to myself.