My NORMAL Saturday Morning

It was Saturday. It was 6:05 a.m and I was awake.

My Insomnia had been acting up again all night.

I hadn't slept for more than two hours, and I was exhausted.

I slowly got out of bed and checked my new phone.

A message immediately popped up, it was from Dodger.

D: Elle, I need you!

B: Where are you, Dodger?

D: On the boat. Come quick!

I quickly locked my phone and left my room. I was actually quite surprised that Dodger was awake this early.

I crept down the stairs and even avoided the creaky one.

"Elle?"

I gasped and turned around to see who it was.

"Freddie." I sighed in relief, moving my hand to my wildly beating heart.

"Elle, what are you doin' up?" Freddie asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

Nobody in my family knew that I had Insomnia. It was just another problem that I needed to overcome. By myself...

"Any chance of makin' me some breakfast?" Freddie asked, following me into the kitchen.

"Nope, Dodger needs me." I poured myself a glass of milk and downed it quickly.

"Well, you can't go." Freddie said immediately.

I walked to the hallway and sat on one of the stairs. As it turned out, the creaky one.

"Why?" I whispered, pulling on my converse.

"Because he's a boy, Brielle! You don't need boys in your life." Freddie stated, folding his arms across his chest.

I rolled my eyes and slipped into my leather jacket.

"Leave me alone, Freddie." I sighed, beginning to open the front door.

But Freddie grabbed my arm, stopping me from leaving.

"Freddie..." I warned, trying to pull my arm away, but his grip was too strong.

"Dude, dude, let her go!" Robbie said sleepily, pulling Freddie's hand away from mine.

Freddie sighed and walked away from me. 

"Thanks, Robbie." I sighed and hugged him quickly.

"It's OK, Elle," Robbie said, rubbing his hand up and down my back soothingly. "Just be careful, yeah?"

I nodded and left the house, stuffing my hands into my jacket pockets.

"Brielle!" Someone called.

I immediately stopped and turned around to see Sienna running over to me.

"Yeah?" I frowned.

"It's Mark!" She said, breathless.

"What about him?" I asked her.

"He's, he's... Just go, Brielle!"

I nodded and began to run to Dodger's boat.

What was wrong with him?

My feet pounded on the wooden floor and I pulled open the door of the boat.