Chapter 48

Saint Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna, 6:51 pm

"I don't think that we have much of a problem now," stated Subramanian.

He felt tense somehow. It wasn't supposed to be really big. Get the pen drive, kill off Sadowsky, Giggs and Lucia, and cover their tracks. Yet, he smelled something wrong, not a fishy type of wrong, but a really wrong type of wrong.

And once again, there was a question of luck. Their chances were fifty-fifty. Pretty bad enough to be extremely worried. Now was a time for people to test their luck. Unfortunately his wasn't really the best in the world.

"Is the charge set?" Mohammed asked Maslov.

The terror chief nodded his head, "Yes sir."

Subramanian could hear the protests of a helpless Lucia, "I...know...who you are!"

"They world will stand in judgement when they get know the truth," she continued.

"Yes, you're right, when they realise that we're trying to save the world," he shot back.

"They won't believe in murderers like you!"

He smirked in response, "Oh, but it is the murderers who will stand in judgement," highlighting their influence among the general public.

* * *

Vienna Police HQ, Vienna, 7:37 pm

Sadowsky paid close attention to the officer as he demonstrated how to use the pistol. He flipped a switch, "Safety on," and flipped it back, "Safety off."

"Keep the safety on. Only if you are in a very tight situation must you turn the safety off."

Sadowsky nodded as a reply, "Got it."

The officer looked at him and then steadily handed the pistol with hesitance, "You have only twelve bullets, I'll be giving you an extra mag. Fire them wisely. And shoot to save yourself, kill if necessary."

The officer handed the mag as well. Sadowsky was wearing a bulletproof vest underneath his brown coat. He switched to different pair of specialised trousers with a false pocket where he could store the gun without revealing it.

Eisenhower placed both his hands on Sadowsky's shoulder, "You got this man. Don't worry we'll be right under your feet."

Gabriel stood leaning against the corner of the wall, "I have got to go in there."

Only Mavis heard him, "Why are you so curious to know?"

"A peak from the window wouldn't hurt much. They won't even know that we're there." He eyed her without turning his neck, "You in?"

She sighed and thought for a while, "Wouldn't miss it."

"Copter's up their waiting for you," announced Eisenhower.

"Right," Sadowsky acknowledged.

They entered the elevator, Gabriel slipped in.

"What the hell?" let out Sadowsky.

"Just wanted to wish Profs Good luck," Gabriel answered.

They reached the terrace of the HQ, in front of a helipad, all ready to go.

The pilot handed Sadowsky his headphones and mike, then he sat in. Eisenhower was about to wear his when he was stopped by loud shouts.

"What is it now?"

An officer had brought Giggs, Sophia and her grandfather up. "They demand these three as well."

"No way," he rejected.

The officer used his palm to keep his hair from being blown by the wind, "I'm afraid not, sir."

Eisenhower didn't reply, instead he looked down.

"You must make a decision, sir."

The FBI Agent took in a deep breath, "Alright."

* * *

Over Wollzeille Road, Vienna, 7:53 pm

Eisenhower pointed to the ground, "We're going to send you down there!" He yelled through the high-speed rotors of the helicopter.

The four nodded anxiously in response as the helicopter lowered itself, gradually reaching the ground, until it touched its feet on the road.

As soon as Sadowsky stepped out the copter, the sounds of policemen pushing the crowd of bystanders back for the sake of their safety.

Eisenhower locked eyes with Sadowsky, "We'll be right under your feet."

He nodded as a reply then, the Agent continued, "Good luck Sadowsky. You'll be needing it this time."

He nodded once again, but this time, more afraid. The way Eisenhower had said that he'd be needing luck made him feel scared.

The copter took off, leaving the four to walk to the cathedral on their own. He looked at Giggs then Sophia and at last, Papa. He had only known them for hours, but it felt like years. Like they were soldiers out to battle for the last time.

"We got this."

* * *