Chapter Twenty One

Not edited.

Sorry for the long wait

Chapter Twenty One:

Tyson’s POV

“So I guess you heard about Lexi’s and Bentley’s fight,” Jarrod stated sitting down next to me at the table. I nodded my head biting into the apple.

“And I see that you are really upset.’ He muttered sarcastically.

“Do you expect me to be upset; you know that I don’t like Bentley?” I asked.

“I expected you to be a little more sympathetic she is your best friend.” I shrugged my shoulders. A few of the other boys walked into the kitchen grabbing some food before leaving again.

“If you were in my position you would be feeling the same,” I pointed out, throwing the rest of the apple in the bin.

“Your wrong if I had been in love with a girl for like five years I wouldn’t be sitting here enjoying her latest break up. I would already be dating her.” I sighed and stood up, running a hand through my hair.

“Its not that easy.” I argued.

“It could be,”

‘Would you just shut up you don’t know anything,” I spat in anger. God I hated this boy sometimes. Yes he was one of my best friends but he needed to learn when it was time to back off.

“I know that you are in love with Lexi and she isn’t in love with you. Also I know that you secretly excited that they have broken up,” Instead of replying I stomped out of the room in anger. Who was he to say that Lexi wasn’t in love with me? I knew that she was. Some part, even if it was only a tiny part, of her loved me. All I needed was a little part and then I would be able to make the rest of her fall in love with me.

We were going to be together. And I was going to prove to her that I was much better then Bentley. I could be a much better boyfriend Bentley.

I headed up the stairs before stopping outside the gym. I heard music blaring from inside so I opened the door and looked inside. There in the corner, punching the hell out of the punching bag was Lexi. Sweat was pouring down her fast and she was panting hard but she didn’t stop. Even from here I could see that she was furious and she was trying to let her anger out.

Deciding that she might want to talk to me I headed inside and closed the door behind me. I sat down on the bench and waited patiently, knowing that she would notice my presence soon enough. I was right, just as the song came to an end she grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat off her face and spotted me.

She didn’t look like she knew what to do at the start but then all of a sudden she just burst into tears. I moved around to her side and wrapped my arms around her. I rubbed soothing circles around her back, waiting until she finally calmed herself down.

In all the time that I had known Lexi, I had never seen her cry like this. Not when her parents were mean to her, not even when they left her. She didn’t cry when she broke her arm three years ago, when I had dared her to have a ride on my motorbike. Claiming that if she really wanted to be rebel then she had to know how to drive one. So seeing her like this surprised me, I didn’t really know what to do.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I asked, saying the first thing that came to mind.

“There’s nothing to talk about, I’m just being an emotional mess.” She muttered, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Are you sure because it isn’t like you to burst out crying for no apparent reason?”

She sighed looking down at her hands.