Prologue - Escape Hell

Prologue

Hell

Aesc leaned back in his throne of frozen rock that had a human skull resting on the top. He then proceeded to swing his leg over the arm of the throne and shifted in the chair. The two demons next to him on the burning hot, gravel ground were the closest thing he could call friends. They were Faellan and Rogare.

As the highest ranking demon, Aesc could change his appearance in any way, and do more things that lower ranking demons couldn't do. Rogare and Faellan  could change their appearance too, only they were no where as high ranking as Aesc; however, they weren't the lowest rank either. 

All three appeared as the human age of sixteen. Aesc had jet-black wavy hair. His neon cyan blue eyes always seemed to be smoldering, as if there was a storm of thoughts constantly going through his mind. He loved turning his eyes bright blur to a bloody red coloring. It intimidated the other demons. It was a natural thing if he was angry, but even if he was as calm and bored as he was laying in his throne, he still didn't mind giving the passing servants a good scare for some entertainment.

Faellan had light brunette hair with dark blonde streaks, which was unusual for demons because most had solid hair coloring that was usually blonde or black. His eyes were a dark brown. His shoulders were broad, but he made his height slightly below the average for a human sixteen-year-old boy. He didn't want to stick out, but he didn't want to be labeled as a dull looking human.

Rogare, on the other hand, had blonde hair and blue-green eyes. He chose his built to be lean and slender with broad shoulders. He preferred to be above average in height for a human sixteen-year-old boy. Rogare liked to stick out in a cool way that he thought got girls' attention. He didn't want to stick out in a weird way that made others stare instead of drool.

Another thing they were allowed to do as higher ranking demons was the fact that they could live on Earth as long as they got past Hell's security.

~

Hell, Michigan, USA

I sprinted on down the street. My throat and mouth was dry. My lungs, heart, and sides ached. Despite the shearing pain, I had to go on unless I wanted to get caught by the bullies chasing me. My red-orange hair streamed past me. When I looked back over my shoulder at them, my hair gingerly patted my freckled face and nearly poked my brown eyes.

I was too scared to stop. My fear was my only fuel at this rate. My energy was draining. I was getting to the point that I was contemplating on just getting the beating over with. I hadn't done anything, though.

Why me?

Suddenly I was falling, and next thing I knew my knees and palms were bleeding from the concrete sidewalk. I'd lost my footing from a small fissure in the sidewalk the caused on side the stick out higher than the rest. I winced as my brain registered that this would be nothing compared to what they were about to do.  

I looked up to face my classmates to see them being the ones getting beat up, not doing the beating. There was six of them getting beat up by three. There was no bleeding, at least not coming from the Three Musketeers. One, a sturdy yet short boy, had the two he was up against in a strong headlock. They pushed against his arms and scratched his skin, but he didn't budge. What was going on with the others wasn't much different.

I got to my feet, and stepped forward. I found myself hesitating, not sure if I should take the opportunity to run or stop it. I wasn't about to jump in and help, that's for sure. I wasn't the fighting type. Why else would I have been running in the first place? 

One of the six evils fled, and two more quickly followed. Now it was even, but soon it was two against three. And then it was just the three watching the ones left run away. Watching them run away made it tempting to dash off as well (only in the other direction as they were going, of course), but one of the Three Musketeers walked towards me. I realized I'd made my decision too late. 

The one with the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen was the one to turn to me and walked over. "You okay?"

I nodded, dazed. "Uh...yeah," I mumbled. "Thanks."

"No problem," murmured the sturdy one, his brunette hair falling over his eyes.

"What's your name?" asked the tall, handsome blonde in an intimidating way-whether he meant it to be or not, I couldn't say.

"Um..." I stepped back, coming to my senses. I shook my head slightly.

Am I going to have to run from them too? Right after they saved me?

"I'm Roger!" cheered the blonde one. "They're Kellan and Ash. Don't worry. We won't do anything to you. We just saved you after all. Besides, you're the first person we've met since we arrived here."

I hesitated then thought they sort of deserved knowing after what they just did so I told them: "Kathleen"  

"Well, maybe we'll see you around," Roger said with a wave and a smile.

"Let's go," growled the one with neon blue eyes, and the other two obeyed. All three walked away from me.

Someday, I will leave Hell, Michigan and the bullies, I thought. Someday, my life will be normal and fun, and the lonely feeling inside will be gone. 

* Tell me what you think! Tell me what could make it better. *