The Alpha Complex

Author's Note: I have changed the Prologue because I wasn't satisfied with it. I will post the other version of it later so you can read it too if you want. I thought this one was more interesting.

The Moon Goddess (Sofia Vergara) on the side ----->

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue-The Myth

The man with the gun tapped his temple before looking at the old woman he had cornered into a chair in her house. “Gitta. Do you mind if I call you Gitta?” He asked as he looked at her before moving towards her and stooping to look her in the face. She smiled bitterly, “No not at all,” the old woman said as she tried working bitterly at the ropes he had bound her hands in behind her back. He smiled and then leaned closer to her ear, “You know, those ropes are magic. Why must you fight them when you know you’ll never get out of them unless I want you out of them,” he said before pulling back and walking over to the wall and leaning on it before pointing the gun at her.

             “Now, I’m going to ask you one more time,” he said as he checked the rounds of the gun before aiming it at her once more, “Where is the Key?” he asked. The old woman looked at him, “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she told him and he sighed. “Gitta, I know you know what I’m talking about. In fact, I was hoping that you could tell me where they are,” he said as he pulled the trigger. Gitta flinched as the man smiled as the bullet ended up embedded in the wall behind her. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Gitta said as she gritted her teeth. “Well,” the man said as he pushed off of the wall to roam around the room and look at the woman’s things, “Maybe this will help you remember,” he said before coming to a stop at her bookshelf as he looked at the books.

            He pulled one out and opened it to a page before turning to look at her as he read from the book. “Once upon a time the esteemed Moon goddess thought she could solve all the troubles of her precious Immortal race, even though they shouldn’t even exist outside this fairytale book, so she took equal amounts of energy from her and Mother earth and mixed them together. Then she hid them in human forms and cast them down to earth because everyone knows she couldn’t keep the energy to herself because it had the destructive energy of something close to one thousand nuclear bombs. If you ask me, she was idiotic to even create the thing in the first place,” he said as he tossed the Fairytale book behind him to walk over to the woman. He stood there before lifting her face up to look at him with his gun. The woman looked away and sneered, “The Key was destroyed a very long time ago by humans,” she said bitterly.

             The man smiled and stepped back before grabbing a chair and sitting down in it facing the woman. “Yes, Yes, I know,” the man said dramatically as he rolled his eyes, “The Moon goddess ended up sending the Key down three or four more times but with improvements, including the so called ‘Pack’ that was supposed to help protect the Key. I know all that, I’ve heard the fairytale too just like everybody else. All I need to know now is where the Key is and if the Pack has found it yet. Now tell me what you know, witch, or I will be forced to kill you,” the man said as he stared at the woman. The witch grimaced and looked at the man, “I don’t know where they are,” she said, “But I do know that you will never reach them in time to kill them.”

             The man laughed but the old woman leaned in closer to him, “and they will survive and then they will kill you,” she said. The man leaned into her, “But will they be able to kill the others looking for them? There are thousands out there searching for them and I’m only plan,” he said as he stood up. Then he walked across the room and aimed the gun at her, “Now tell me, Gitta, or your life is going to be forfeit for a simple fairytale,” the man sneered. The woman looked up at him and straightened her back in quiet dignity and rebellion, “If it’s a fairytale, why are willing to suffer the wrath of the Moon goddess murder innocents for it?” she asked. The man sneered and a single gunshot pierced the summer breeze.