Chapter 34

A/N WOW 1,000 READS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL APPRECIATED IN THE WATTPAD COMMUNITY.

Stephanie is still tired from the night before, her rail-like body could hardly take Ray having his way with her. She is chained to the wall again, which is becoming extremely uncomfortable. She would rather sleep on the old mattress. Even the floor would be more comfortable than where she is now.

Ray makes his way down the staircase holding a folding table and chairs. He sets them up across from Stephanie and goes upstairs again. This time he returns with a bottle of champagne and a couple of wine glasses. Stephanie is curious as to what he is doing, as he is acting even stranger than usual. He sets a white package down on the table with a red ribbon around it.

He unchains Stephanie, tells her to sit at the table and hands her the package. She looks at him with a puzzled face and cautiously takes the package from him. “Open it. You will be my date for the evening.” Stephanie opens the package to reveal a beautiful black corset. “Put it on” he says. Stephanie begins to slip into the corset and Ray stops her. “Not here” he says. You may use the rest room to get cleaned up and ready. “There is some of Helen’s makeup in there too if you want to borrow it. Stephanie looks it him with narrowed eyes and heads towards the small restroom to her left.

She heads to the restroom and is relieved to shower for the first time in months. It feels great to shampoo her hair and smell pretty. After the shower she dries herself off and wraps a towel around her naked body. She begins to blow-dry her hair and applies some of Helen’s makeup. She adds a touch of perfume and then removes the towel, looking in the mirror, staring at her now frail body. She slips into the black corset and continues to stare at herself in the mirror, feeling pretty for the first time in what seems like forever. She realizes now that she won’t be making it to her senior prom so this is the closest she will come to being at a formal event.

After an hour or so of trying to look beautiful for her captor, she exits the bathroom to find Ray waiting in a suit and tie, holding a single rose and for the first time since the abduction she no longer sees him as a monster but as someone who would do whatever it takes to protect his family and in order to care that much about people you have to have a big heart.

Stephanie walks over to Ray, smiling for the first time since she arrived in this dingy basement and accepts the single red rose from Ray. “Thank you” says Stephanie. Feeling appreciated for the first time in her life. She now realizes that Ray doesn’t hate her. He has had a good reason for everything he has done to her, though he may regret some of it, but anyone who cares about their family that much would make a great husband and father.

Stephanie blushes and takes a seat at the table with Ray. He sits across from her and pours them a couple of glasses of champagne. “Today would have been our twenty-third wedding anniversary” says Ray referring to his late wife. “I’m sorry,” says Stephanie. “You must have loved her very much.” Ray grins and says, “Yes I did. I loved her with all my heart. I loved her from the moment I met her and I will love her until the day I die. She is my soul mate.”

Ray’s words are so sweet that Stephanie feels tears building up in the corner of her eyes. How could she have ever seen him as a monster? How could she have seen him in such a horrific light. He isn’t such a bad guy. Bad guys don’t have those types of feelings towards people. Bad guys are incapable of love.

Stephanie takes a sip of her champagne and licks her lips. This is the most enjoyable evening she has had in a while. “I’m going to go check on dinner,” says Ray, getting up out of his chair. She watches with a smile as he climbs the stairs, and continues to sip on her drink. She is free from the restraints and knows Ray is now at his most vulnerable point. She could easily escape right now, so why isn’t she trying? It is like some unnatural force is keeping her there, glued to her chair, unable to move.

Ray returns with a couple of plates of spaghetti and meatballs, which he prepared himself and sets them down on the table. He lights a candle between the two of them to give the evening a greater sense of ambiance. Stephanie takes a bite of her food and is glad to be eating it with a fork and knife, and on a plate, instead of a doggy dish. The food is delicious, the best meal she has had in months and she devours it within minutes.

She takes a napkin from her lap and wipes her mouth and stares into Ray’s eyes. The sight of a cold, soulless man is gone. Now there is only the sight of a kind, loving man sitting before. Ray leans across the table to kiss her lips, and while just yesterday she would have pulled away, this time her lips are drawn to him as if a magnetic force were pulling them together. Their lips lock for the first time, and for the first time in her life, Stephanie is in love.

She has heard about things like this before, victims falling in love with their abductor, but she never thought it would happen to her. She is surprised at herself, surprised at her emotions, her heart is racing a million miles a minute and at this moment she wants him to hold her in his arms, because that is the only place she truly feels safe. Some might not understand how such a sadistic man could make a girl feel so secure but those people didn’t have the type of childhood she did, one with unrequited love.

She wants Ray to move closer to her. His cologne draws her in like chocolate does on her period and she wants him. She wants him now. She wants him to take her and have his way with her. She stands before him shaking, she is nervous, knowing that this time she will have to make the first move. She fixes her hair, smiles in his direction and steps towards him with wide eyes.

She brushes her hands against Ray’s lapel and up over his broad shoulders. Her hormones are raging something fierce, she has never wanted a man so badly before, not in this way. She undoes his jacket and sets it on the chair, Ray grinning that sly grin of his the entire time. Stephanie knows now that this man is not evil, she can only see the good in him and that draws her in, making him the most attractive man in the world to her.

She pulls him closer and massages his tongue with hers, unbuttoning his shirt to expose his pale skin. He seems to be in better shape than he has been and his new body is irresistible to the girl who once hated him. She leads him to the mattress in the corner of the room, a place that should only hold horrific memories to her, but now it’s the only place she wants to be, lying on that bed with him.

She grabs him by the belt and pushes him down on the bed, quickly undoing his buckle. She slides down his pants, exposing his girth and climbs up on top of him. She rides him hard and fast, taking in a feeling of pure ecstasy as she reaches her climax over and over again. This man is no monster. This is her lover. This is the man she is destined to be with.