chapter 6

He dragged her to a bedroom, a room which was never mentioned before to her or seen by her. The drapes were closed; the only light source was some small holes in the walls from which sunrays entered this dark room.

Ethan closed the bedroom door so slowly as if he was afraid that someone might hear him. It took some time for Rachel to finally compose herself. She was still dizzy because of the pulling of hair was so strong, that she could still feel the force that was making her scalp separate from her head.

"Get up!!" Ethan commanded her from behind.

Rachel didin't even try to protest; it was like as, a part of her has already accepted her fate. which only contained darkness. She placed both her palms on the floor and applied all her body force on them. But she was too weak all she can do mange to do was lift herself a few feet above from ground. But again the dizziness took over her and her body gave up, she fell on her bottom with a large thump noise.

She heard Ethan groan behind her and then he said,

"You disgust me love."

It was a simple word that crushed her “disgust” how he dare use it against her. She was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and the man who was responsible for it was calling her disgusting. Despite her anger she was unable to fight back, to tell him how much he disgusted her. She lost her voice; she lost her ability to fight back. Because she was sure now, the situation was in under Ethan’s control. He controlled her, her body her soul. She was tainted now forever because he changed her from outside as well as inside. The once fiery and strong Rachel was weak like a lost birdy in a big world.

Ethan grabbed her arm and helped her stand up, his touch only send negative vibes. There was no softness in them now as there was once before. He flipped a light switch and the whole room lit up like a christmas tree. 

Rachel now had a full view to where she was, she was in a bedroom. But it seemed so dark and unwelcoming. It only contained a bed which was present at the far corner of the room, due to which a lot of empty space was there.

"Do you what room is this? How could you, I never showed you this bedroom. Well this dear is the very room where my father used to punish me."

Rachel’s eyes flew open at the new revelation made by her husband. Ethan was abused as a child; how could this be possible. Her father in law always seemed like such a nice guy. How could he?

"Yes I know, dark right. Well when we were kids and when me and Marie, my sister you know Marie right? Yeah you do she was your bridesmaid. So our father used to bring us to this room whenever we disobeyed him. He had a ritual to be more precise, he used to record us; whenever we begged him to stop whipping us. For Marie he used to undo his pants before punishing her, so he called this room the playroom. Where we would play his sick little games."

Rachel didn’t move nor did she breathe. She was speechless, all air sucked out of her. Taking it as a continue sign Ethan continued his childhood story but with every word his face got more near to Rachel’s neck.

"So the day he died I actually celebrated someone’s death. When my mom finds out that he sexually assaulted me and Marie. She left him and took all the money and divorced him, the man you know as my father is my step-dad actually. But my real father died from cancer and there was not one single person present at his funeral. Lucky for us Marie was little and to this day she doesn’t remember a single thing. And that’s why my mom thought the same about me too, that I also forgot. But I didn’t, I remember every second of it.’

Ethan very slowly moves in front of Rachel, both of their faces were merely inches away now.

"So now you know why I didn’t divorce you. Because I am troubled man Rachel and I took it very seriously that you cheated on me, so I wanted to teach you a lesson. Don’t ever break your loved one’s heart. It hurts a lot." Ethan's eyes travelled from her lips to her cleavage before he spoke again, "Enough chit chat it’s time to play a game now, in this very same room which was a playroom for my sick twisted father."