Chapter Nine: Golden Eyes

ADVERTISING TIME!!!

WOW THERE'S A BRAND NEW STORY BY EVERYONE'S FAVORITE JOINED ACCOUNT: FangirlFates A COMBINATION OF EVERYONE'S THREE FAVORITE AUTHORS. ME Greenninjagal  and jungle321jungle

IT'S CALLED KEY TO THE STARS, AND IT'S A FAIRYTAIL AND PERCY JACKSON CROSSOVER STARING MY FAV ZOË NIGHTSHADE  AS A CELESTIAL SPIRIT AND THE AMAZING TRAGIC TRIO. GO READ IT. THERE'S ETHANCA. AND LUKE. AND NO LUCY PIGTAILS.

if like eight (cough three would also work cough) of you told me you checked it out i'll update before the week's over ahaha don't you love blackmail + forceful advertising I sure do!!!

(On another note my last day of school is finally on Tuesday and I'm graduating the horror known as Middle School so more frequent updates are definitely coming your way as well as me finally working on writing that chaos story okay enjoy the chapter guys)

::

She is painting. She was painting. She will paint.

She will always, has always, and is painting the future.

A brush, gripped (gripping, grips) loosely in her hand, dips (dipped) into the paint. Scratches (scratched, scratching) on the canvas, like her fingers on her arm.

Yellow and gold and brown: his hair, blonde and dirty with grime.

Blue and black: his eyes, shining (shined, will shine) with pain, pupils large.

White and grey: the venti, shooting (shoots) him with jagged bolts of lightning, bright white and hot.

A scar on his lip: pink; the color of his jumpsuit: orange; Jason Grace: the name of the boy she's electrocuting on her canvas. Will be electrocuted. Has been.

She is (was, will be) nauseous. Her nerves are (have been, will be) on fire. She feels (will always, has always) pure bliss. But it's shattered, this boy is dying. Will die. Will die in the future, not here, not on her canvas. In darkness. Their darkness. The Angel's darkness.

Red: The color of his blood.

::

It's been nine hours. Seven hours spent sitting under a tree, back against bark and legs numb. One hour twitching at the pain once the feeling comes back into them. One hour attempting to walk and stand without her vision going black.

Nine hours, and the first thing Annabeth does is check on Luke.

When she last saw him (around the three hour mark), he said that he was gonna pass the time by unlocking a few files that he wanted to read, although he refused to disclose to Annabeth which files those were.

Needless to say, Annabeth was very interested in Luke's mysterious files. And that little trick he pulled yesterday, the glowing golden eye. And the feeling like time was melting around them.

Stumbling across the grass, Annabeth slowly made her way across the field towards the tree that Luke frequently sat under.

The grass poked at her feet through her canvas slippers, uncomfortably prodding at her toes with every step. Annabeth shuddered a few times at the sensation.

Annabeth was aware that Will was watching her slowly, and unsteadily make her way across the grass field. He was seated amongst the tents, simultaneously observing her footwork, and Leo's progress on carving her a cane. Although she was against it, Will had insisted. But when she considered his powers, healing, and his extensive knowledge of medical treatments outside his powers, Annabeth had unwillingly consented for Leo to carve her a cane until she recovered.