Chapter Two: Bang! You're Blind.

So this Chapter originally had an amazing title, which I told Sabrina about in great detail (because it was just that awesome) but I've decided to save it for the next chapter.

Anyways, none of you murdered me, so I suppose you can guess who's making an appearance in this chapter.

I hope you like it because it's over 2k words!

::

"My dearest Level Two's, it is my pleasure to introduce my cell mates. " Annabeth clasped her hands together, before spreading them apart gesturing to the people standing in front of the fire pit in front of her. One person stood on either end, both boys, and they each managed a smile. "This is Luke Castellan, Level One, Cell One. He can unlock anything, but is terrified of becoming a thief." She gestured to the boy on her right. He was nineteen with sandy blonde hair that was curling around the nape of his neck, and piercing blue eyes etched with sadness that his smile didn't solve. "And this is Grover Underwood, Level One, Cell Three. He's in touch with everything in the wild, but is afraid of destroying it. Also he's got a killer goatee that Luke is immensely jealous of because's he's nineteen and can't even grow armpit hair. " Grover snickered, a floppy cap made out of the orange material of his jumpsuit's jacket was falling over his face, and he pushed it back up with the back of his hand. Luke scowled, crossing his arms.

"Annie, I'm not sure attempting in to pick on me is a good idea right now." Piper thought the two must've been close, for Annabeth didn't seem like someone who would take well to a nickname as childish as that.

"Why?" Annabeth scoffed, folding her arms.

"If you haven't noticed, we don't have nearly enough supplies for seven people plus someone with a gunshot wound. " Luke gestured to their minimalistic camp. The four tents and a small pile of supplies  that had been gathered near the tent on the farthest right.

"Eight people? But there--"

"--are only seven of us in total!" The Stolls said, pointing to everyone gathered. Piper turned to Annabeth for answer's, but found that the blonde girl had turned quite pale.

"Oh. I forgot to introduce you to someone." Annabeth said quietly, her voice had a slight quiver to it. She stepped around Piper and the brothers so that she was directly in front of the hill. She lifted her hand up, gesturing to the pine tree at the top. "Meet Thalia Grace, Level One, Cell Two. She could fly and was afraid of heights. She also had a fight or flight mechanism built in that turned her into this..." For a moment she was lost for words, "And there's an electric barrier around the valley, generated by her, we don't know why. You can only see or enter the valley if you've got the genetic template."

For a  moment there was a silence, and Annabeth seemed to gather herself together, "Well, I'm off to get supplies. They know they got a shot on Lou Ellen, probably think we'll take a day before trying again. But we can't let Lou's leg bleed out. I'll take Piper and we'll be back in a few hours with some extra supplies." Annabeth turned to Luke, and he nodded.

"Alright. You taking the laptop?" Annabeth nodded, adjusting the sleek laptop under her arm, "Good luck, Annie. Try not to die." Annabeth snorted with laughter, before taking Piper by the arm and turning her away from the camp.

"What's this?" Piper walked fast alongside Annabeth. The blonde girl had placed her baseball cap backwards on her hair, so her face was no longer cast in shadow.

"Standard supply run, ground floor." Annabeth said briskly, "Come on, you're good on your feet."

"You've talked about floors before, what do you mean?"