[ C h a p t e r - S e v e n t e e n ]

Chapter 17

I stared the twins, slightly confused as they reached behind their backs. Before I knew it, screams were exiting their mouths. “Ready! Set! Aim!”

I was being sprayed with party string and I was struggling to cover my face. I heard laughter and I recognized it as Jonah’s. “Help me, you moron!” I exclaimed

“Say I’m amazing," Jonah mocked and I continued taking the strands of party string to my face and torso. It was coming from two sides.

“No!” I called back.

“Say it," he laughed and I bit my tongue.

“I’m amazing,” I replied and I heard Weston’s laughter.

“No, say that I’m amazing, as in me, Jonah,” Jonah corrected and I growled.

“Fine, Jonah’s amazing,” I felt the string come to a halt. I finally looked down and noticed that my jacket was covered in the pink and purple party string.

I glared at Sabrina who innocently tucked the can into her pocket. Sierra was spraying Weston who was trying to battle the spray as if his life depended on it. It was actually pretty funny. I sighed and pushed the bottle to the floor.

Weston opened one eye before opening them both and pushing Sierra who stumbled backwards onto the couch. I just rolled my eyes and began taking off my coat. Before I could even get my left arm out of the sleeve, Georgia, the seventeen year old girl, flung herself at me, wrapping her arms around my torso yet again.

“What are you doing?” I asked her, laughing lightly. I wasn’t used to this much affection, not that I’m neglected at home; we just don’t hug every ten minutes.

“Your sweater,” Georgia replied, letting go of me. I looked down at my sweater before nodding; it says "Free Hugs." Before I could even recuperate from the last hug attack, I was lifted into the air while being swung around like a rag doll. This is a first.

Weston, the 6’4” giant was swinging my 5’2”- 5’3” figure around like I was a doll. I wrapped my arms around his neck for fear of falling while he just continued swinging me. When he put me down, I let out a sigh of relief.

I groaned when I felt another pair of arms wrap themselves around my torso. This hug was calmer and warmer; I wasn’t being squeezed too tightly or swung around like Raggedy Ann. I actually felt myself hugging back for a moment. The smell was familiar: Jonah.

I awkwardly retracted from the hug and was yanked towards Georgia who plopped me down on the spot beside her on the floor. Weston took my coat from me and hung it up wherever he did.

“I’m hungry,” Jonah complained.

“Why don’t we make snacks?” I asked.

Georgia shrugged. “You two can; we’ll move everything around in here so we have enough room to move around.”

I stood up with Jonah and we walked in the direction of the large kitchen. “What should we make?” I asked.

“Let’s start off with something sweet,” Jonah told me and I nodded.

“Like what?” I asked and he shrugged. “How about Reeses Squares?”

He nodded. I read off the ingredients and he searched the cabinets for them before placing them on the counter. I began working while telling him what I was doing and he would occasionally nod. When we finished, we placed it on the table to harden the chocolate and he stared at me for a minute.

“Anything else you can make, Betty Crocker?” he asked me and I glared at him before sighing and nodding.

~~~