"Mr... Uh"

Nothing beats a warm, peaceful morning.
Which is what it was.
Well, at least until I woke up.

As soon as my eyes slammed open, I knew straight away that I'd overslept.

Squinting my eyes at my old grey alarm clock, it reads 7:23 am, meaning I have seven minutes till the bus arrives...
Are you kidding me!?

Before you can click your fingers, count to ten, or something like that... I'm up, out of bed and running around like a mad man, or worse, a mad woman.

The loud pitter patter sounds of my footsteps echo through our hallway, as make my way down the stairs.

"Mornin' Lola", My dad says from the table, and I freeze, but thank goodness he's looking at his newspaper because I'm kinda sorta still in my underwear, which are only just hidden by my oversized t-shirt.

"Morning Dad" I say rushing behind the counter, as he looks up and smiles at me.

"Up late again huh?" He says, raising his eyebrows, which I respond to by flashing a quick smile, him nodding his head disappointedly but I see the corners of his mouth lift up as he looks back down at his paper.

I grab my lunch out of the fridge, toothbrush still plunged in my mouth, and sprint out of the kitchen back to my room.

I stuff my school books, water bottle and gym gear all into my faded red school bag, then rush back to the bathroom, spitting out the foamy pool of toothpaste that has now formed in my mouth.

"Lolly your magic schoooool bus is here!" My little, annoying but irresistible sister Eliza squeals excitedly from outside the bathroom.

Shes currently in that stage were she's too big for preschool but still not big enough to go to primary school, so she finds my rather trashy school bus turning up a very exciting/important morning event.

And yes, she calls me Lolly because...
I actually don't know why she calls me Lolly, It's just what she's called me ever since she was born.
I don't mind it, although one bone-crushing day we ARE going to have to break it to Elz, that my real name is actually Lola.

Anyway, as my little crazy, toothless sister has pointed out, the 'magic' school bus is here. Which leaves me... still in my pyjamas, crap.

I spit out my toothpaste, half of the white and minty substance landing directly on the bathroom mirror, great.

I quickly wipe it off with my pyjama sleeve, probably not the best idea, then zoom back into my room, rip open my drawers, sling a bra over my shoulders, throw my yellow top over me, and my favourite pair of black denim shorts...

Yes I know, I should probably start my own fashion line called 'I don't give a f**k'.

In a flash, my bag's on my back and I'm out of the door kissing Elz and my mum on the cheek goodbye.

"You can't keep sleeping in Lolz or I'll have to get Elz to wake you up." My mum calls out after me as I run down the drive way.

I turn and nod back cheekily, yelling "Yup!", before I'm down the driveway where the bus is waiting patiently.

"Sorry" I whisper to the bus driver as I creep through the door and head over to Emily three seats back, well aware of the large amount of eyes pinned on me, watching my every move.

I promise not all of my mornings are this hectic.

(^.^)