Loving You Through A Screen

(Picture of Scar On Right)

Chapter 1

Scar’s P.O.V

I opened the Google chrome app on my laptop. I typed in “read books online for free”. Over 1,070,000,000 results (0.34 seconds). I grinned to myself and started browsing through the links that popped up. None of them seemed to interest me.I scrolled down and saw a web link to a page named Quotev. “Read or write a story, book, quiz, survey, poll; Follow authors and others with similar interests” it stated.

After a 30 second argument to myself, on whether to click it or not, I clicked the link. I looked at the selections of books and quizzes,grinning to myself. After another debate with myself, I clicked the small button that read “Sign Up”. I quickly signed up deciding to go with my nickname Scar as my first name and Scarlet as my last name.For thirty minutes I took a few quizzes read a few short stories and

clicked the heart button to the ones I liked.

One story caught my attention as the title was “Cutting”. I clicked the book, feeling curious to what it might be about. I found out it was a poem by this very, very, very, very, very good poet, I’m not exaggerating. The poem was brilliant. It’s exactly what it feels like tobe a cutter. I “hearted” the poem by a person with the name Broken_.

I heard the front door open and I quickly shut my laptop and shoved it under my bed, in the dark. I heard the footsteps at the stairs

and quickly got into bed silently and covered myself with my blanket pretending to be asleep. I heard my door squeak open.

my dad quietly whispered at the door. “Goodnight, Angel.”

Noah's P.O.V

Another night with another nightmare. Just a few minutes ago I had my nightmare. They always happened. Ever since the night that my parents died. It was my fucking fault. All mine. I should have never left the house to go out with Cassidy. I should've stayed home and helped my brothers' with the "campfire" they wanted to create. Instead I left. John and Tyler decided they would do it by themselves and that's how the fire started.

We live with our grandparents now. They treat us with so much love and respect. Their my mom's parents. My grandma is only 55 and my grandpa is only 58. My grandma had been pregnant with my mother at 16 years young. My brothers and I have gotten so much closer since the fire.

Since I couldn't go back to sleep I decided to log onto Quotev. Quotev was a place where all my feelings were let out. I felt good at Quotev and I made some great friends on there. I also went on this other website called Wattpad. I love that too, it was similar to Quotev. My Quotev notifications popped up, one told me that someone named Scar_ had liked my book . I clicked on their username, interested.

I looked at the profile picture and gasped. She was gorgeous. So gorgeous. And she seemed cool. She liked the same bands as me. Ew. She liked One Direction. Don't hate on me, but I didn't like them much. Once word on her about me made my heart clench. That one simple world said: Cutter. I couldn't believe it. Why would she cut?

My heart was racing. She shouldn't be cutting. I decided that I wanted to help her so the only way was if I talked to her. I went to her comments and checked off private before writing. "Hey there, thanks for liking my book :)". A simple and casual way to start a conversation,right?One thing stuck to my mind as i shut my light off and headed to bed.

Why did I care so much about a stranger?