Mage's Curse

five years ago...

Seto loved books. He would spend hours, upon hours in the library, reading through them one after another. His parents would always have to come to the library to find the little seven year old passed out next to a pile of them.

Seto walked into the library like he does pretty in all his free time. The librarian smiled at him as he walked in.

"Hi!" He said cheerfully, passing her a book he finished last night.

"Book of Witchcraft? Was it any good?" She asks putting it on the shelving cart.

"Yeah! It was all about potions, and witches, and dragons!" He said excitedly.

"You seem to like that kind of stuff, don't you?" She asks, giving him a warm smile.

"Yeah."

He waves as he walks down to the fantasy section upstairs.

He pushes his bangs out of his face, and scans the wall of myths and tales. He soon picks out a red leather book with gold cursive that says, "Tale of the Nether."

He sits down in a red chair in a secluded corner of the dusty room. It's dimly lit just the way he likes.

He opens the large tomb, and begins to carefully absorb the interesting tale about Herobrine. But he soon begins to drift off midway.

"Seto. Seto, you need to wake up, the library is closing," says the librarian, lightly shaking him.

He opens his copper eyes and yawns, rubbing his eyes. The librarian smiles at the sight of the boy.

"Hmm? What time is it," he asks.

"Nearly midnight."

He sits up. "Wait, where are my parents? They usually pick me up?' He asks, feeling worried about there origin.

"It's ok boy, I'm sure there're just busy an lost track of time," she says. "Here, i'll check out that book for you, and I'll lend you a sword so you can get home safely. Ok?"

He nods. Seto, puts his hood back on his head and scoops up his book, and follows the librarian to the check out counter.

She checks out his book and hands him a wood sword. "Will this do? I wasn't sure if you could lift anything heavier."

He nods. "yeah, I'm not good with melee weapons as is."

"Ok. Have a nice night, I suspect I'll see you tomorrow."

Seto waves, and exits the building.