Chapter #2

Dear Jason,

            I’ve been talking about you a lot lately, I made a nice friend named Brian and he lets me talk about you as much as I want, he is a great listener. Listening was one of the great qualities you used to have.

            In my attempts to get over you I have been trying to open my eyes to other people, there is this guy named Jeffery, he walks me around campus from place to place and is always here for me, that’s something you could never do.

            Jeffery kind of looks like you, I think that’s why I am so attracted to him, but maybe if he gives me a chance… actually he will give me a chance, but he will be the better version of you.

            I still miss you but I’m trying my best to get on without you. Jealous?

Love,

Payton.

Just finishing up breakfast I placed the plastic tray on the counter and made my way back to my room walking the long plain hallways. Opening up the door to my room I looked around grabbing my shampoo, a towel and clean clothes. Shutting the door behind me I walked to the shower room where a nice lady was waiting to help me with my shower. Waiting outside of the shower room she locked the door behind me making sure nobody could come in or out. After drying off and re-dressing into clean clothes I combed a brush through my hair and knocked on the door ready to leave. The door clicked unlocked and the women smiled opening the door for me.

“Thank you!” I said walking out the door.

“How do I get to my art class do you know?”

“Oh yes.” The woman had a thick Russian accent, and dark black hair, that color hair seemed really common here. The woman turned her head around sideways looking in confusion.

“Follow me.”

Following right behind the women we turned many corners.

“Here, this is Tyler; Tyler will take you to your class.”

“Thanks.” I said smiling and following Tyler.

Walking down the long hallway we finally came out to two large doors that lead to the gardens.

“So how do you like it here so far?” said Tyler smiling.

“Well it pretty nice and…”

To our right there was a very loud, piercing, screeching noise, immediatlely covering our ears the both of us turned around looking to see where the sound was coming from. There was a women rolling around on the ground screaming, she had bright red hair and was pulling her fingers through the dirt pathway. Her body was also covered in dirt; her eyes seemed to be popping out of her eyesockets.

People were running towards the women and were attempting to grab her off the ground but she pulled with what seemed like all of her strength to stay there on the ground.

“I can’t take it! I can’t take it!” she screamed.

Other people seemed to be affected by this woman’s actions too, others were running away, some running in circles being chased by staff members who worked on the grounds. 

Screeching like the devil himself the woman had continued to roll on the ground again, then getting up she tried to run away but in the blink of an eye I saw a man bring his index and middle finger to the women’s neck, she immediately dropped down to the ground and was calm, her eyes were closed and her face was blank, I believe she was sleeping.

I felt a tear sliding down my cheek, I was crying. Running out of the garden Tyler chased after me, things were flashing through my head, I could see a man barely, it was dark, there was a crazy women standing with a gun, she was very attractive with long blonde hair. The man was not just there, he was sitting, in a chair…he was tied up. The man was crying and the woman was smiling seductively looking at him, the women looked crazed.

“You have been very bad.” The women started walking around the man; lights were flashing on and off, crying more heavily the man started screaming.

“Please! I’m sorry! I have a child at home and a wife I love, let me go!”

The image was suddenly gone. Now sobbing I continued to run.

“Hey! Wait up!” Panting Tyler grabbed me by the arm.

“What!” I yelled at him wiping my eyes and shrugging him off.

“You can’t just leave like that, there always has to be someone with you.”

“Whatever just takes me to my class.”

Turning around I wanted to walk off but I had no idea where I was going since it was my first day, so I decided to follow Tyler against my will.

Finally after about five minutes of walking we came up to a red brick building that was small, but colorful.  Smiling to myself I opened the door to be welcomed by the warmth and calmness of the room inside.

“Hello there!” said this small white haired lady looking up at me through her glasses that were topped on her nose, she seemed so innocent and kind, I couldn’t seem to take my eyes off of her.

“My name is Mindy. I will be your painting instructor. Now come sit down next to June over there.”

Looking to my left where she was pointing I saw a very tall, curly haired girl; she looked no older than seventeen, so young to be here.

Sitting down on the stool next to her I smiled. June looked at me with her eyes wide almost like she was scared. Pulling her gaze away from mine she turned around and hunched her body like she was trying to hid from my eyes.

“Oh it’s okay, she is a little shy.” said Mindy patting me on the back.

Shrugging it off I turned around and settled in for the class.

Walking up to the front of the room Mindy turned around looking at everyone and smiling.

“Welcome everyone to my class. My name is Mindy if you didn’t know already and I will be your painting instructor. If you did not already know I will be teaching you how to correctly paint and how to open your mind to express what you would like on a canvas. You are a privileged group to be able to take a painting class here on campus. Most people are not allowed to take this class. So I welcome you and hope that throughout this class I help you very much.” Smiling Mindy turned around grabbing three paint brushes.

“These paint brushes are a flat brush, round brush and a liner brush…”

Once the class was over Jeffery came to pick me up. Smiling I grabbed his arm not letting him pull away, finally not resisting anymore he let me walk with him arm and arm.

“So how was your art class?” said Jeffery trying to nicely start a conversation.

“It was very nice, thank you. We really just sat there and learned about like certain types of paint brushes, paints, contrast and things like primary colors, its surprising how much people don’t know about colors, tomorrow we start painting.”

We went on making small talk until we got back to the front door of my room.

“Well thank you for walking me back!” I said turning around smiling at him I shut the door behind me sitting on my bed.