Chapter #7

All of my old memories from before this place were coming back to me, I was not the person I thought I was, and actually I did not even know who I was before, but now I knew.  I was what they call a murderer.

This could not be true though, I would never hurt these men I loved them. Someone must have brainwashed me and convinced everyone I did this, maybe they drugged me? For all I knew I could not remember but I knew for a fact that I did not do these things.

Floating back down to reality I looked over at Jeffery and Tyler, Wrinkles were being exposed all throughout my face and I was thinking hard. They both looked back at me and I noticed they seemed quite worried. Standing up from the bench I looked over at the men and then over towards the building I was pacing back and forth just continuously thinking about how to fix what I was just told because I knew they had mistaken me for the wrong person. I was starting to wear down the dirt and there was a small path with imprints of my sneaker from where I was walking.

It was getting colder outside and the sun was starting to go down but I did not notice any of my surrounding I was too busy focusing on how I could fix this mess.

“I have got it!” I yelled stopping my pacing and looking over at the men. Both of them seemed confused as to what I had discovered.

“They just took in the wrong person, clearly someone must have brainwashed me and then told me to come here instead, I bet there is someone out there in the world who looks just like me and they confused everyone here into thinking that I was actually the crazy one but in reality I was not.”

This had to be the explanation to what had just happened.  What else could have been the answer to this, I knew I was not crazy. If I was crazy I would have been like that lady, rolling around on the floor and screaming or I would have been like all of the other painting students with sad depressing pictures, or I would be put in a straight jacket, but I wasn’t.

“Listen Payton.” said Jeffery standing up. He towered over me and somehow intimidated me which was almost never the case.

“We do not have the wrong person, you were brought to us the night you…”

Jeffery took a pause in between what he was saying I knew that he did not want to say what came next.

“…you attempted to murder Jason.” I felt so hurt that Jeffery would think that I would ever try to hurt Jason, no way I would have done that unless someone attempted to force me to, I was not a murderer even if I can remember the night so well.

“No I didn’t!”

“Payton… we found you locked in the bathroom and the attempted murder weapon was at your house in your bedroom with your fingerprints all over it.”

Again my head was racing to find an explanation for what had just happened but this time I could not come up with one, there was no way to get around this.

“No this isn’t fair! I did not mean to hurt Jason! I love him! I still do love him, someone forced me to do that and they should be punished I am going to leave this place and I will find this person even if my life depends on it!” I was now stomping my foot into the dirt and hand my hands rolled up into fists, I was making a scene but I did not care.

“Payton you need to calm down!” Tyler said standing up next to Jeffery.

I was so angry that even their words and intimidating height could not contain me.

“Why should I calm down? You were not the one that just discovered you are a so called murderer. You are not the one who was just told that you killed about ten men and lastly you are not a patient in the home for the crazies! You have no right to tell me to calm down.”

I was now panting and my face was turning bright red. Anger was spilling out of every opening of my body. I was about to explode and any person could see that.

People had stopped to watch what was going on but I was blinded with my acrimony and I did not care who was watching anymore after all they were supposedly just as crazy as I was.

“No, now I am demanding you quite down.” Jeffery said calmly but I believe he was getting quite antsy. My behavior was putting him on edge and I enjoyed seeing him ticked it brought me a sense of enjoyment.

“Why the hell should I quite down, all you will do is put me in another room filled with nothing but a bed in four white walls. I’m in hell and nobody here even cares, they just do whatever they can to shut me up. I am supposed to go to Brian’s… excuse me I mean Dr.Cunningham’s to talk about my so called problems but when I get there he doesn’t even care, when he gets uncomfortable he just ships me off to someone else just  like all of you do. You are all cowards who don’t know how to deal with confrontation and I believe it is about time you learn.”

Jeffery was officially ticked off and this time I was more scared than enchanted looking around I noticed that there were three men coming towards me, the same men I had seen before in the white coats. This time they did not try to blend in but struck out like sore thumbs. The three men were walking towards me without missing a step, their eyes were glued to me and I felt as if I was in for something bad. Making their way across the gardens the men glided their way across until they were right here, standing right in front of me. Two of the three men stood forwards to grab me but I restrained and began to yell.

“What are you doing don’t touch me! You don’t have the right to touch me! Stop I am not a criminal!”

The men ignored everything I said and Tyler and Jeffry just sat there watching expressionless. Their eyes seemed to be cold in a way I had never seen before; their eyes seemed to say ‘you are gone’. In that moment I was more scared than I had ever been in my life.

The two men’s strong arms engulfed me as they walked away from the gardens with me in there arms. I looked at the big black fences and the cold autumn sky and I knew then that my prison had not even begun yet.

Kicking and screaming the men pulled me away as I watched the faces of the others with disapproval or confusion written all over their faces. They were confused with why I was being pulled away.

I continued to scream until my throat ran dry but nobody came to my rescue, the men pulled me away with my feet dragging on the ground…

The End