Chapter 8

Hey Guys.

So, I havent updated in a crazy long time and I thought now would probably be good. Reasons being cause I've been quite busy with school and sport etc etc... Anyway, heres Chapter 8. Please Vote/Comment once you have read and tell me what you think. Much appreciated :)

Enjoy xx

***

I wake up the next morning and feel somewhat, pumped, like a have a thousand volts of electricity pulsing through my veins and through into every inch of my body. Why? I have no idea? But I like the feeling. It's like, in this very moment of time, I can do whatever I want and not get the after feeling of fatigue. So that's exactly what I do - bad idea? Probably, but right now, my body doesn't seem to care - I sprawl my bedding, that was just a minute ago, covering my bare skin, onto the pale carpeted floor and use up a small amount of 'electricity' jolting through me to thrust my lively body through the air and stick a landing gently onto the ground. That's not usually a part of my normal morning routine, but I could get used to it.

I pull over my feet a pair of heavily knitted pink socks I've had since I was about 10 years young. The reasoning for me bringing them to Italy, probably because when I was packing my bags, an idea such as what I'm about to do brewed up in my mind.

There is a hallway in the hotel we are staying at for the duration of our holiday. It is reasonably long and wide, spacious, with sleek vinyl finished, pale wooden floors. I test one of my socks on the floor, drawing my right leg forward, and then back, and again. Perfect. I push my body back against the end of the hallway - the end that my bedroom comes off - to give myself a good - as I can get - running start.

3..2..1..GO!

The space between myself and the wall becomes distant and the lounge, nearer. I make quick speed underneath me. But I'm slipping. So I change from a run to a slide and the socks glide across the wooden floors from beneath me. I feel like I'm riding a snowboard.

Good idea? Probably not. Do I care? Not really. Suddenly, I stumble. One of my toes bends underneath my foot and I lose balance. And before I have a chance to react I find myself stumbling backwards, my body plummeting to the ground. But I'm still sliding.

Bang.

My head - and the rest of my body - slams back onto the floor and stars start to evolve in the corners of my pale blue eyes. My head throbs.

Good idea gone bad? Sure was. Worth it? Definitely. Which is why I can't stop myself from laughing.

I pull myself up from the ground and I feel a single tear fall down my cheek. From the pain of the fall or laughing too much, I don't know? What I also didn't know - until now - is that the rest of my family is packing up all their belongings into their suitcases and bags. Everyone except me. My jaw drops to the floor, or so it feels like it did.

"What's going on?" I ask as I walk into the lounge where the rest of my family were. I rub the back of my head still woozy from my fall.

"We're leaving tomorrow, honey. Our beautiful holiday is coming to an end" Mum pouts at me in sheer disappointment. I forgot this day had to come sooner or later, so I, too, pout in disappointment.

"Oh" I say and twist on the heels of my feet. Suddenly the floor seems more interesting than anything else. I twist 90 degrees on my heels and walk back down the hallway and into my room until tomorrow.

***

I perch on the window sill in my room and stare out into the view that captivates my eyes everyday. I look out over ancient buildings that cast shadows over lively alleyways created by the glistening sun that beams through the almost too perfect blue sky that brightens up my room. I have my suitcases and backpack set out for our venture back home to Melbourne tomorrow. I had been dreading the day we had to go home because I never want to leave this beautiful country. Which then reminds me that I have to text Franco, also something that I do not want to, but I have to, do. So, unwillingly, I grab out my phone and text him,