Chapter 3 Luke's POV

I saw her face once Victor told her about what happened. I couldn't tell her by myself I felt somewhat responsible .It was my fault I was the beta , securing the borders was one of my duties.

I shook my head looking at Kityana she wasn't processing what Victor was saying. She Kept shouting accusing him of lying . I tried to comfort her but she growled warning me not touch her. Noah was furious he kept blaming victor and Jason , the attack was a surprise to us .

 We never had enemies. She was mourning , I wished to hold her and tell her that everything will be okay. Kityana and I weren't mates but we had something for each other. I tried so many times to show her how much I cared about her. She always said that someday we would meet our mates and this would be forgotten.

A growl brought me out of my thoughts .It was Kityana she shifted and went for the forest. I called her name , she ignored me . Noah was getting ready to go after her but I stopped him.

"what the hell Luke "he snapped " You're stopping me from going after Kityana?"

"Yes Noah " I firmly replied " she needs time .Going after her will only make it worse'

"What !" his voice rose" She might get fucking killed Luke . She is weak she might hurt herself'

Noah was a close friend of mine but now he needed to remember his place .I growled Then I grabbed him from his shirt and pushed him to a close tree.

"Don't you fucking tell me what to do Noah. I know what's best for the pack and Kityana .She might be fragile but she is your Alpha now don't underestimate her powers. She only needs some alone time. Until then we have to work our butts off to be ready for her when she is back. " I ended up my words and tried to restrain my breathing.

Noah bowed his head in a respectful way ."I am just worried about her Luke . we don't want to lose her." He said. I sighed and pat his shoulder.

Victor and Jason where standing waiting for my orders . I had some preparations to do. The pack was broken .the pups were afraid .

"Victor I want you to double the trackers on the borders . I want five search teams all over the territory . whatever information you find Victor . "I ordered ."and Victor .., lets do it right this time "

Victor firmly nodded his head and left. Jason was waiting for my orders. He was a good wolf , he had fighting tactics that always amazed us . I looked at him and he was steady waiting for whatever I was going to say. His eyes held deep sorrow , I shook my head off.

"Jason" I cleared my voice. He raised his head ."I want you raise the number of the guards . we have to be on high alert. The rogues might be mingling in the forest. Start gathering the fighters who participated in the incident for investigation "I ordered him.

By that he gave me a nod and took off. From the corner of my eye I could see Noah waiting for any further orders or plans. I knew he was fuming with anger he was third in command he held his title very well , should I say. I looked at him trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"I'll take a shower, you should too Noah. We'll be investigating and we will find out who did this. After your shower I want you to roam the area for anything weird. We have a lot of things to do before Kityana comes bake. Also-" I was cut off by him

"And when would that be Luke ?"He asks icily

"first thing tomorrow I'll go get her . Are we good now ?"I stated with that our conversation ended.

I went to my house , I headed towards my room I opened the closet to get some garments . I threw them on the bed and went for a hot shower, all what I was thinking about was Kityana .I didn't know where she went , I tried so many times to mind link her but she kept blocking me off. I felt worried she was supposed to be our alpha , what if the rogues were still in the territory . We couldn't tell if they were still here or not , our territory was big scanning it would take 2 days at least. I sighed with frustration hitting the walls, this wasn't supposed to happen.

Two hours of investigating and roaming the land we found a rogue. I was familiar with him "Benson" that was his name. He was a former fighter from the dark shadows back before he was kicked out for challenging the alpha and causing trouble. His scent had  iron ,iced with mud , his shirt had drops of blood . the guards must have hit him till he bled , good I smirked.

One look at him made me feel disgusted ."The fuck are you doing here Benson" I snarled.

A sly disgusting smile was drawn on his face. "I heard your alpha died Luke. That must be horrifying "

I growled angrily "Answer me you Piece of shit "I kicked his stomach with my right leg .He gagged from the pain, but refused to reply .It made me even more furious . I knelt to his level and held him from his neck .

"when I ask you answer , you understand "I growled "you'll be treated very well in our cells Benson ..before you get killed " I smiled at him evilly and nodded to Noah to take him .

Noah dragged Benson to the cells ,while I headed to the the pack building there were some files that I needed to check I also needed to make some calls.

I entered the office , I was searching for the files that held the dark shadows pack history , I thought it might help me to know more about Benson . I found some files about the members of the pack and its numbers but still it wasn't what I was searching for. I paused for a minute when I found one of the drawers needed a key. "that must hold all the answers "I thought to my self .The only problem that I couldn't find a key anywhere. Maybe Kityana knew something about that key.

I tried mind linking her " Kityana ..?" . she didn't answer me .I thought I would give it another try I started to get anxious .

"Kityana please say something " she didn't block me but she didn't answer . I knew it was the time to go search for her . I let her down , I couldn't forget the look on her face it tore me into pieces . Maybe Noah was right I should have gone after her.

"Kityana please forgive me I am sorry , I am coming" with that I left the mind link open . I got out of the pack building  , shifted and headed into the woods

-----

Hey guys I am sorry for being late i am so happy the number of the reads is increasing .

This chapter took me so long . If you have any thing to say please be my guest dont forget to vote please .

Thank you <3