Twelve -- Leap of Faith

Twelve

(Alice/Bailey)

I stood in his door way and he looked up at me, and I knew the moment he looked at me. I would be able to do this for both of us, we wanted it so much.  I walked over to him and knelt in front of him. His arms dropped from his knees, and he looked down at me. And I knew I just had to do it, because I didn't want to turn back. I took his face into my hands, and he looked at me. His blue eyes unreadable. I took a small breath and angled my head up, and his lips met mine, it was an explosion of passion. His hand found their way into my hair, and he slid off the bed until he too was kneeling. And I pulled him closer, feeling his body heat seeping through my clothes. A small moan escaped, and he pulled back. Resting his forehead against mine. I felt like I was looking at the world with my wolf vision. Like everything was so clear now. He ran thumb down my cheek, and titled my chin back up. Neither of us had enough of each other yet. And he pulled me to my feet and I broke away.

"Joel--the rule." He released a small growl. And I looked up at him, he pressed a kiss to my forehead and took a step back.

"You make the rules in this house Bailey, you tell me if we broke the rule." And I looked away. I had told him not to get close to me, but I realized I was the one that had gotten close to him. Either way he was close to my heart now, and I was never letting him go. I looked at him and shook my head.

"We broke the rule...." And he sighed and I walked over to him. Touching his cheek.

"Rules were made to be broken." And he smiled and kissed me, and I allowed it for a moment, but then pulled back.

"If you break any of the other rules, I'll kick your ass." he nodded and pulled me back into a kiss. I pulled away again.

"Joel, i'm serious." He smiled and brushed my hair away from my shoulder and then the playfulness fell away from his face and I was worried for a moment.

"Who hurt you?" He asked and his hand went to the back of my neck and I pulled away.

"It was nothing..." He looked at me and shook his head, and took my face into his hands.

"You don't have to be afraid of me Bailey, I would never hurt you. Ever. I just want to know if I need to teach someone a lesson...you're my girl now. No one else gets to touch you." I looked up at him, and his need to protect me, warmed my heart. I touched his cheek and shook my head.

"It was another wolf, nothing really. I took care of it." And he pulled me into a hug.

"Alright. You're sure you don't need my help?" I smiled and buried my head into his chest.

"No I don't need your help. I can take care of myself you know." I looked up at him and he faked surprise, I gently punched his chest.

"Jerk." I attemped to talk out of the room and he caught my waist pulling my back to his chest and I smiled. Feeling his heart beat on my chest. And he put his nose in my hair, and in hailed.

"What are you doing?" He held his breath for a moment and I waited.

"Marking your scent, so that way no matter how far your run, and even if it rains, I can always find you." I turned and took hand fulls of his shirt, and I buried my face in, and he seemed pleasantly surprised. And I in hailed and I picked up a faint hint of leather, along with a stronger twinge of Cedar, and the tiniest hint of something flower like. And I held it in the back of my throat and let the scent burn into my brain, and I released my breath and he had taken another scent of me. And I could almost taste his scent on my tongue.

(Joel)

I held the scent in the back of my throat, and everything hit me as once, it was hard to serparate them, Which is why I needed another breath. Orange Blossom,was the strongest, softer hints of Violet, Amber, and a strong under current of Lily of the Valley. It was like nothing I had ever smelt before. And I would never forget her scent. I pulled her toward my bed. And she looked slightly nervous. I pressed a kiss to her forehead.