Chapter 2: Sparks Fly

CHAPTER 2

 Bright lights flashed upon my face.

 It was evening. I was on the gymnasium stage, ready to performmy song, and hundreds of students on the bleachers were all up and making noisy murmurings and roars and all other kinds of noises you could think of.

 There was an ongoing event, though I don't know what event it was. Maybe the Socialization or the Intramurals or something.

 I scanned the crowd for everyone close to me. My bestfriend Delaney, my Mom, my brother Austin, my clique, the rest of the music club...

...and specifically, Jim.

 I couldn't make out where he was until...

 "Pst!"

 I quickly spun my head around to see him by the door to the backstage, smiling at me and giving me two thumbs up, telling and mouthing to me that I was "gonna do great".

 I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

 Didn't he leave me for his own selfish ways? He hasn't talked to me ever since he started joining his band. But nevertheless, I just sucked it up and looked at my audience.

 I was furious at his decision of leaving me.

I was mad at the fact that he accused me for not being "supportive" of his talent, well in fact, he was using it as an excuse to avoid hanging out with me.

 I was even furious of the fact that he was talking about me with his bandmates behind my back.

 Although I have to admit...

 When he smiled at me even after all this time, it gave me even more confidence and courage than usual.

 In fact, it even made me smile as well.

 "And now. Our next performer has chosen this song through her own experience with a little slice of affection! Please give it up for Hiara Foreston!"

 I put my microphone in front of my lips and started to sing...

The way you move is like a full-on rainstorm

And I'm a house of cards

You're the kind of reckless that should send me runnin'

But I kinda know that I won't get far 

I glanced over my shoulder and saw him staring at me with either awe or disgust. Not really sure what. It was kind of expected of him to make negative comments about me. After all. He's been doing it for about 2 years.

And you stood there in front of me

Just close enough to touch

I see him...staring at me with those green eyes...

Close enough so hope you couldn't see what I was thinking of

He smiled as I gained momentum. That's when I gave full throttle...

Drop everything now!

Meet me in the pouring rain

Kiss me on the sidewalk

Take away the pain

'Coz I see sparks fly whenever you smile

And the sparks fly

Oh baby, smile!

And the sparks fly...

Everyone got up on their feet and gave the loudest applause I've heard in my life.

I was so flattered. I looked over to my friends and family to see them beaming with pride.

And finally, I looked over to my shoulder to see how Jim would have reacted...

He was just standing there...smiling at me...

I couldn't help but get a little electrified by his smile. All I did was smile even bigger than before. He started whistling and appluding as I went to the other door to the backstage, opposite Jim's direction.

Everyone came uo to me and started to congratulate me. I was so enlightened and so honored that I wanted to cry but I couldn't since my makeup artist said that I wasn't supposed to cry. It would just ruin my mascara.

I finally grabbed my things and headed out to the gym before Jim comes and tries to talk to me.

And sure enough, here he comes.

I rush outside thr backstage and to the gym.

"Hey wait!" he shouts behind me. "Hey Hia! That was AMAZING!"

I couldn't think of anything else to say other than...

"Thanks." I faked a smile.

"So does this mean I can approach you without being slugged? Have you forgiven me already?"

He has been apologizing to me through texts and small talks but I just ignore it. I mean, you wasted 5 years of my life for a pretend friendship and you expect me to forgive you just like that?

"Not a chance, asswipe."

"Come on, Hia. Are we still on this?"

"Yup!"

"Well, what do I have to do to get our friendship back?"

I didn't think twice. I spun around and slapped him square in the cheek.

He crouched in pain a bit, holding his his cheek. But when he got back to a straight stance, he touched my cheek with a stern face. I was expecting payback, but...

...he closed his eyes and his face inched on me. Getting a quick idea of what he was gonna do, I closed my eyes...

...and we kissed.

His lips attached to mine and it was absolutely surreal.

He pulled me closer as I did to him.

Our lips moved together in perfect synchronization.

It was absolutely unfirgettable...

~~--.--~~

Pop!

My eyes jolt ooen and my body snapped to a sitting position... 

..it was just a dream...

 Was that for real?

 Did I just dream about kissing Jim Wyatt, my former bestfriend?...

 ...and I liked it?!