{1} When Things Where Simple

"Dawson!" I heard. I whipped my head around from the courtyard, seeing my friends Tyler and Willow and coming over to me.

I gave them a small wave and stopped in my tracks, giving them a chance to catch up to me.

"Hey social intellectuals!" I said as I greeted them. "What are the plans for tonight?"

Willow pulled out her phone. "Were going to the creepy crate to hang with Zoey Ryder and Floor."

The creepy crate is our little group hangout place. It's an old abandoned tree house that we found a few years ago out in the woods. We call it the creepy crate because when we found it 6 years ago it was extremely beat up, like something out of a horror movie. But, after a few extra wood boards, paint, and some extra cool furniture, it was our official hangout.

Normally if one of us was bored or sad or something, we would go up there and watch TV or whatever until someone came along and went up with us. It happened quite often actually.

"I can't believe after after all this time we still call it that" Tyler said.

"Hey our stupid childhood names will live forever on!" I said, pumping a fist into the air.

He chuckled. "Is the zombie apocalypse kit still in the floor boards?"

"Of course, that's our second act of defense if Dawson isn't here for us" Willow said, nudging me.

I rolled my eyes with a smirk and walked over to her car. "Just shut up and drive."

------

"Are there any losers up there?" I yelled up to the creepy crate.

One head popped out from the ladder hole. It was Zoey. "Only the best ones you'll ever meet!"

I grinned and started climbing. When I got to the top I was greeted by Floor and Ryder throwing popcorn at each other and Zoey playing GTA 5 on the left TV.

"Hey dweebs" I said as I sat in one of the bean bags.

"Ow! You got my eye!" Floor said, laughing.

"Walk it off" Willow said, taking a gatorade from the cooler in the corner.

"I'm playing with you" Tyler said to Zoey, sitting on the couch next to her.

"Fine, the console's already hooked up" she said, gesturing to the TV beside the one she was playing on.

"I can't believe we finally got the money for that thing" Willow said, sitting on the spare chair next to me.

"I can't believe we have power out here" I said.

"Your'e welcome!" Ryder said, throwing more popcorn at Floor.

"Could you not waste the popcorn?" I asked them.

"You want some sweetheart?" Floor asked, picking up a piece from his bowl.

I opened up my mouth in response and he threw a piece of popcorn at me. I caught it in my mouth.

"Oh!" He yelled. "That deserves so applause!"

He started clapping and I bowed before I turned to Willow, who was now on her phone.

"Who you textin'?" I asked.

"Beatrix" she said.

"Ugh, her?" I said, making a eww expression.

"Yea."

"I can't believe you were ever friends with her."

"Agreed" Zoey said.

"I third that" Tyler said.

"Dido" Ryder took his turn.

"It's jacked up" Floor joined in.

"Ok, I get it" Willow said with an eye roll.

"What's her group of bixes doing now?" Floor asked.

Beatrix is the leader of the "popular kids", also known as the bixes instead of bitches.

"Oh you known, probably talking about how perfect there group is, and how our group is so immature" Zoey said, using a prissy voice.

"I still say we fill her car with ant's. Imagine her and her clones screaming and running for the hills!" Ryder said, popping a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"Or if we put centipedes in there sports bra's at gym!" I said excitedly. 

I heard Tyler chuckle. "I'm liking this plan!"

"What if on there way out screaming we put a bucket on top of the exit filled with syrup?" Floor suggested.

"Or we be normal teenagers and go see a movie?" Willow said, shrugging her shoulders.

I stared at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked.

"Willow" she said.

I grinned. "Nope."

She gave me a confused look.

"You're the girl who has a date Beatrix and her clones tonight" I said, swiping her phone.

She already had her contact pulled up so I didn't have to worry about that, all I had to worry about was her stealing the phone from me.

"Xaria Dawson I swear on Cameron Dallas life if you don't give me that phone!" She said, reaching for it.

I pulled my arm out as I texted. "And, SEND!" I said, pumping the phone into the air.

"No!" She groaned plopping down. "What did you send her?!"

"Look for yourself" I said, tossing her the phone.

To: Beatrix🤖

Hey gurl! 2night were going 2 a movie at the theater, see u at 8. I pay 4 all

I heard her groan and plop backwards in defeat. "Your ridiculous Dawson, what are you going to do?"

I smirked. "Just a little prank."

----

Hello! I hope you're all just as pumped up for this book as much as I am!

I already have some epic and extravagant people working on a cover (creds will be in the little description)

Do you guys like the cast list? I literally worked so hard to find people to play everyone, is that sad?!

I hope you enjoyed this dawning of a new era and I will see you all later! Boo Bye!