Do You Or Do You Not Want Me, Mate. - Chapter Four

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Four

Picture on the side is Carmela (Model Choice Gray)

Note : Read Author's Note at the end please.

The sound of rustling had Serena jolt out of her slumber, making her stay upright and on high alert. Her heart was thumping on an irregular rate and probable thoughts of an ambush crossed her mind.

"Who's there?" Serena asked as she scanned the woods with keen eyes for anything threatening. She took notice that it was morning and the rain had finally stopped. She could still could smell that lingering scent of the recent downpour as it flooded her nose.

"Anyone out there?" she asked again, and when she heard a twig snap, her sensitive hearing zoned in on it, detecting its position.

'To the right,' she thought, and with that, she darted to that direction like a predator would hunt their prey and while she was at it, she took a quick sniff. The scent was a mix of leather and cinnamon, which she thought was not a bad smell, but she had to be sure. She had to know if it was a werewolf that made the sound or not, so she sniffed again.

There was no distinct scent of a wolf underneath it.

It was human.

But humans were dangerous nowadays. To be more precise, hunters that belonged to the Order of Immortalis.

They were as deadly as rogues and they had this twisted fantasy of taking control of the supernatural.

As Serena heard another twig snap and a muffled curse, she changed course and headed to the source of all that disturbance. When she made a turn, she bumped into something hard as a wall, and that had her fall on her ass with a loud thud, slightly disorientated from the collision.

"Ow," she said as she rubbed her bum. "That freaking hurts."

"Oh damn, I'm sorry," a deep yet throaty voice apologized sincerely.

Philip was frantic as he didn't know what to do with this situation. He just didn't want to frighten the girl when he saw her leaning on the tree, sleeping soundly like an angel, while he was hunting. However, her appearance made her looked like she had stepped out of a mud fight, but despite all that, his first thought was to go over there and ask if she was hurt, and why on earth was she sleeping in the deepest part of the woods. He couldn't come up with an idea how to approach her with great delicacy, but when he saw her jolt out from the tree, he panicked and hid himself from her.

But he didn't expect to at least bump into her.

"I'm really sorry," Philip apologized again.

When Serena looked up to give the douche who had knocked her to the ground a piece of her mind, all that came out was a squeak, utterly speechless at the moment.

For a damn human, he sure do looked fine. Woo, momma!

He was tall, around six-foot-one with broad shoulders, fit and tan. He had thick wavy chocolate locks which looked so adorable on him, but what had Serena speechless was his eyes. It was a magnificent color of oceanic blue, and from her stand point, they were swirling with worry.

Well, he looked harmless despite his good-looks, but it could be deceiving.

"Are you alright?" he said and he was seriously considering that the fall had impaired the girl's sense of sanity. "Are you hurt?"